Cinna-bun cake is one of the trendiest foods in the world. Chinese cuisine is one of my favorites, and I love it. I watched a video of this recipe while browsing the internet and just had to make it. There were variations, ways, and ingredients that I researched and made on my own until I could make the perfect recipe for you. The bun cake has a buttery flavor with a hint of cinnamon, providing you with the traditional flavor of Chinese cuisine.
Butter and cinnamon are quite a combination; we have used them in many other ingredients. Some people were using white sugar, but I decided to use brown sugar in this recipe because it enhances the flavor of the butter. You get a caramel taste that is quite comforting for my family and me because we love it. It is perfect for family gatherings, birthdays, and holidays when you have a lot of people at home.
The glaze is the special part of the whole recipe, and you need to get it right. So follow my recipe for that and enjoy this comforting and tasteful treat at home.
Ingredients for Cinna-bun cake:
Here are the ingredients of the Cinna-bun cake to enjoy this buttery and sugary treat at home.
- Butter half cup (Melt it in the microwave oven)
- Sugar 1 cup
- Flour 3 cups
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Eggs 2
- Milk 1 and a half cup
- Baking powder one and a half tbsp
- Salt a pinch
For the topping of the cake:
- Ground cinnamon 1 tbsp
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- Butter 1 cup at room temperature
For the glaze:
- Powdered sugar 2 cups
- Milk 5 to tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
The procedure for Cinna-bun cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease or butter your baking pan.
- Mix all the batter ingredients in a bowl except the butter. Add the batter to the greased pan and top it with melted butter.
- Now mix all the topping ingredients in a small bowl and add them over the top of the batter. Use a fork or spoon to make a pattern on the cake or let it go down to the bottom.
- Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze while baking the cake, and top it on the freshly hot cake as soon as it is done.
- The delicious Cinna-bun cake is ready for your friends and family.
Making ahead of the Cinna-bun cake:
I enjoy it fresh and hot from the oven, but you can also make it ahead of time. Having this cake ready in your kitchen for birthdays and holidays will be a lifesaver. Just reheat it before serving, and it will taste the same.
How to store the Cinna-bun cake:
You can keep the Cinna-bun cake at room temperature on your kitchen counter by covering it with foil paper in an airtight jar. It is just for the people who want to make the cake in advance and want to serve it the following day. For freezing, you can save it in an airtight container and store it for three months.
Is it okay to use cream cheese frosting for Cinna-bun cake?
Yes, of course. You can use your favorite frosting as well. Sometimes, I even add some nuts to the topping to customize my Cinna-bun cake. Of course, you can do the same and enjoy it with your favorite glaze, toppings, and frostings.