This salad is everything I love about Cobb salad, but much lighter. If I’m going to eat salad for dinner it better actually be healthy, right? Instead of adding smoky bacon, I coated the chicken in smoked paprika before sauteing. It makes the salad so flavorful, you won’t even miss the bacon. I also opted for a light, flavorful vinegrette instead of a heavy ranch-like dressing. With so many bold ingredients, like olives, feta and red onion, I didn’t want the dressing to weigh the salad down. The bright tomatoes and creamy eggs and avocado, combined with these bold flavors make for one amazing meal!
It is definitely not summer weather where I live right now. So why all the dinner salads? I couldn’t tell you! I’ve just been on a salad kick lately. I’m sure I will thank myself for all these creations when summer comes around. Warm weather sounds really good right now!
Smoked Paprika Chicken Cobb Salad
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dressing:
For the salad:
- ¼ cup olives chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- For the chicken – Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Toss the cubed chicken with the smoked paprika and garlic salt. Saute the chicken in the olive oil until cooked through, about 6-7
- minutes. Cool slightly before adding to the salad.
- For the dressing – Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake. Set aside for later.
- Toss all the ingredients for the salad, the chicken, and 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing (or until coated). Serve immediately and enjoy!