Try this rich, hearty, and delicious soup. It’s quick and easy to prepare. In my house, it’s a family favorite! Serve it with freshly baked biscuits.
What could be better on a chilly night than a big hot bowl of hearty hamburger soup? This is something I could eat every day for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. That’s not a lie. I’ve gone through phases where I ate this every day for months on end, even if it’s Summer! It’s so filling that you won’t need anything else to go with it. Wow!
My whole family loves this soup as well, which is a great bonus, especially when dealing with veggie-picky kids. They enjoy the broth and the small diced vegetables, so this is a win-win situation!
What Goes Well With A Hamburger Soup?
Serve it with freshly baked biscuits. It also pairs perfectly with boiled macaroni. I definitely like to serve it with my favorite Texas Roadhouse Rolls. This combo is overwhelming! They are delicious to dip into this soup!
- Beef broth can be replaced with chicken broth or bouillon cubes. This will only slightly alter the flavor.
- You can customize this soup by adding your favorite veggies or ingredients like potatoes, corn, peas, beans, macaroni, shredded parmesan cheese, oregano, etc.
- Adding half-cooked roasted veggies to the soup will enhance the flavor even further. Adjust the boiling time according to the tenderness of the vegetables.
- If you want to amp up the flavor, use ¾ tsp fresh minced thyme instead of the dried.
- The leftover soup can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to a month in the freezer. Just make sure to store the soup in airtight containers.
- Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave until thoroughly heated.
If you try this Hearty Hamburger Soup recipe and like it, please feel free to comment to let us know about your feedback!
How To Make Hearty Hamburger Soup?
This Hearty Hamburger Soup is incredibly simple and easy to prepare. You’ll require the following simple ingredients and instructions to follow:
Hearty Hamburger Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 small chopped onion
- 3 finely sliced celery ribs
- ½ cup barley
- 3-4 carrots chopped
- 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 3 10 oz. cans beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Add ground beef to a soup pot and cook, constantly stirring over medium heat, until the beef changes its color from pink to brown. Remove any excess fat if needed.
- Stir in the onion, celery, barley, and carrots. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato soup, broth, and water to the pot. Season the soup with garlic, parsley, pepper, salt, bay leaf, and thyme. Let it come to a simmer. Decrease the flame to low and cover; cook, frequently stirring, for two hours. Before serving, take out and discard the bay leaf.
- Serve hot and enjoy!