This honey-baked chicken is an excellent back pocket quick supper idea for hectic nights that requires a few simple pantry ingredients. But you’ll be astonished how a few simple ingredients can produce such a delicious and flavorful chicken!
Bringing this recipe out of the archives once a week is a smart idea to keep things interesting. It’s quite simple to prepare and has a delicious honey flavor. Honey-baked chicken has the ideal balance of sweet and savory flavors, and it bakes up perfectly. Each bite is tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor. It’s perfect for a hectic weekday or a quick meal that the whole family can help prepare.
Baked chicken is usually a weeknight favorite of mine. It’s easy to prepare, simply combining all ingredients, pouring over the chicken, and baking. While the chicken is baking, I can perform other household tasks. Add a couple of side dishes to complete this baked chicken entrée.
How To Make Honey Baked Chicken?
Seriously, this easy-baked chicken recipe requires only a few ingredients! Because this chicken supper is so simple to make, even the most novice cook will be impressed by the flavor and tenderness it offers.
HONEY BAKED CHICKEN
- 1 3 pounds whole chicken ― Fresh, thawed, ready to bake, cut into pieces
- ½ cup butter ― Melt the butter and toss it in for a buttery flavor.
- ½ cup honey ― Adds thickness and a touch of sweetness to the sauce!
- ¼ cup prepared mustard ― Imparts a tangy mustard flavor while the chicken is cooking.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. curry powder― Lends a deep rich, warming, and earthy flavor and often a golden color to the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a deep baking pan, arrange the chicken pieces skin side up.
- Mix the softened butter, honey, mustard, curry powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl and pour it over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 ¼ hour (75 minutes) until the chicken is well browned and tender and juicy. Basting it with pan drippings after every 15 minutes.
Adding side dishes to this baked chicken makes it a complete supper. Bread, salad, and a veggie or fruit are always a good dinnertime balance. I enjoy serving this chicken recipe alongside a variety of quick and easy side dishes that can be prepared while the chicken bakes.
Storing Baked Chicken
This honey-baked chicken also stores well. Let the chicken cool completely before putting it in airtight containers or Ziploc bags. When ready to serve, this meal will reheat quickly and easily!
Refrigerate: Place any leftover chicken in a ziplock bag or other airtight container and refrigerate for 2–3 days.
Freeze: To store in the freezer, place the chicken pieces in a ziplock bag. Place the bags flat in the freezer. It can be stored there for a month or more. When you’re ready to reheat the chicken, place it in the refrigerator overnight to thaw it properly.
Reheat: Reheat in the air fryer, oven, or microwave until thoroughly heated.
If you try this recipe and like it, please feel free to comment to let us know about your feedback!