Chicken Alfredo Bake is a delicious medley of pasta with creamy alfredo sauce and bakes into toasty perfection. This warm dish is perfect to have all around the season, especially on shivering winter nights and in the blazing sun BBQs.
This dish does not just taste; it is straightforward to make. You may think that a long list of ingredients and instructions will make the dish challenging, but honestly, it just needs a little time on hand. There is no going back once you have tried making it in.
Other than that, we have a list of sides that make this comfort food into a fancy dish. So why wait? Let us take a detour and enjoy this simple recipe.
Chicken Alfredo Bake
- 2 Chicken Breast skinless and boneless
- 2 cups Penne Pasta
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Dried Italian herb seasoning
- ½ tbsp Paprika
- ½ tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 ½ tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Whole Milk lukewarm
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Low-sodium Chicken broth lukewarm
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1 ½ cup Parmesan shredded
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- A handful of Parsley freshly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Start with boiling the pasta in salted water to Al Dante.
- Strain the pasta and mix it with 2 tbsp of olive to avoid sticking.
- Cut the chicken breast into butterfly-style. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of butter in a deep pan on low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, cook the chicken on medium heat until tender and done.
- Take the chicken out and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and let it melt on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté them until translucent.
- Add garlic to the onion and cook for a minute or until fragrant.
- Season them with paprika, cayenne pepper, Italian herb seasoning, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add flour to the pan and fry it off for a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in lukewarm milk and chicken broth.
- Take the pan back to heat and whisk through heavy cream.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, then add chicken to the sauce.
- Add mozzarella cheese, half cup of parmesan, and white cheddar and mix well.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss well.
- In a baking dish, pour out the pasta.
- Top the pasta with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and broil it for 10 minutes until the top is toasted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of parsley.
Here are a few ideas that will help you make this dish in a full course fancy meal.
- Garlic bread and breadstick
- Roasted vegetables
- If you are having friend over then wine and even beer is perfect to have with this bake