If you’re looking for something easy and fun to whip up for the day of the big game, this Cowboy Cornbread Casserole is for you. It’s got all the great taste of Cowboy Cornbread but in a much easier-to-eat format. So whether you’re in a pinch or just want to get your hands on a great new dish, you’re going to love this Cowboy Cornbread Casserole.
This simple, cowboy-style cornbread casserole is a delicious dish perfect for a family gathering or a low-key holiday meal. It’s also an easy dish to take to new neighbors or friends, and it’s easy to store if you’re in need of a quick weeknight meal.
Cowboy Cornbread Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup onion chopped 2-inch squares
- 2 red peppers cored
- 1 tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 28 oz. can baked beans
- 8.5 oz pkg cornbread mix
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Take a skillet and add ground beef, onion, and red peppers to it. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until and ground beef is browned and no moist is left.
- Now add fajita seasoning and can bean. Keep stirring.
- Take a separate bowl and add cornbread mix, milk, and egg. Spread evenly over the ground beef mixture in skillet.
- Put it in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Insert the toothpick in the middle, if it comes clean, then Cowboy Cornbread Casserole is ready.
- Let cool it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Tricks
- You can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or sausage.
- If you have taco seasoning, you can substitute it with fajita seasoning.
- For a spicy version, you can add green chilies or some diced jalapeno peppers.
- If you want to make it for a party or family dinner, increase the amount of the ingredients.
Why must you try Cowboy Cornbread Casserole?
A Cowboy Cornbread Casserole is a hearty, delicious favorite. It’s easy on the cook but hard to leave alone for hungry folks. Good casseroles are a welcome addition at any meal because they are served piping hot straight from the oven or slow cooker, and clean-up is a breeze!
How to store leftover Cowboy Cornbread Casserole?
It’s a common misconception that all leftover Cowboy Cornbread Casserole should be stored in the fridge. It’s true that refrigeration will slow down the staling process, but Cowboy Cornbread Casserole can also be stored at room temperature.
However, if you’d like to store Cowboy Cornbread Casserole in the fridge, you must wrap the casserole dish in aluminum foil before placing it in the fridge. Freezing Cowboy Cornbread Casserole is not recommended since the casserole will become soggy and lose its texture.
Let’s Sum Up
We hope you enjoyed our article about our Cowboy Cornbread Casserole recipe. With this knowledge, we know that you can make the most of your holiday gatherings and get-togethers when using a recipe like this.
Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to share this with your family and friends! If you have any questions about any of our recipes, please ask in the comment box below.