Meatballs are more like a finger snack. You can have them any time of the day, and it is a perfect dish that can be accompanied by so many other dishes as well. But what does it take to make the easiest and best meatballs? We personally think a crockpot and a handful of ingredients can help you make the best crockpot meatballs of all time.
Yes, we have a perfect recipe that is just perfect for busy parents or lazy people like us. The only instruction is to fill up the crockpot with ingredients and meatballs and let it cook for 4 to 6 hours, depending on how fast you want them. This recipe is easy and will make a delicious serving of 12 to 14 people without extra effort. So why wait? Let us make them so you can enjoy them! Cheers!
Can I use Fresh Crockpot meatballs?
Yes, feel free to use homemade meatballs from your favorite recipe. But do keep in mind the cooking time may vary by half. If you are using 25 to 30 fresh homemade meatballs, then cook them for 2 to 3 hours with an increased amount of moisture, i.e., water. You will be increasing the water by 1/3.
You can also use fried or baked meatballs for both fresh and frozen. Just cook them for 1 to 2 hours in the crockpot on a low setting for cooking them all the way through and help in absorbing the delicious sauce as well.
These savory meatballs are a perfect snack on their own, but we can make it an entire course meal as well. Here are a few serving ideas that will make them star of any lunch or dinner:
- Make a meatball sub. Yes, just like you make a rib sandwich, create one with these saucy meatballs as well.
- Serve them over a bowl of rice. Smother the extra juices over the meatballs for rice to catch them; so delicious.
- Serve them with a fresh crunchy salad. This might be a bit different and out of the box, but honestly, it is worth trying, and it is so good with peppery seasoning.
- Pasta and meatballs are a classic combination. You might be thinking about how to spice up these meatballs with pasta. Just toss the pasta in some bechamel or creamy sauce and serve them topping these meatballs. You will love it.
Best Crockpot Meatballs
- 25 to 30 Meatballs frozen
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Red currant jelly or Grape jelly
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Chili Sauce
- 2/3 cup Ketchup
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Low-sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Water
- Start with setting up the crockpot.
- Add butter, jelly, brown sugar, chili sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, broth, and water. Mix them well until combined.
- Gently place the meatballs in the crockpot and mix.
- Now cook the meatballs for 6 hours on a low setting. OR if you are in a hurry, cook them on high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, serve them hot with mini forks or toothpicks. Enjoy