Are you looking for the best lemon cream cheese bars recipe? You are at the right place. I made these Bars for our Church Potluck, they turned out delicious, and they were the first dessert to be gone! Now I am planning to share how to make them with you guys. They are pretty easy to make and are no fuss at all. They are rich, sweet, and tart and go great with a hot cup of coffee.
This recipe are the perfect tangy and sweet treat for any occasion. They are a cross between a bar cookie and cheesecake, and yes, they are extremely easy to make. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start making delicious bars with us!
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- cooking spray
- 8 ounce / 2 packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 8 ounce) softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoon white sugar for sprinkling over butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, and apply the cooking spray.
- Press 1 roll of dough into the bottom of the baking dish and stretch to the edges.
- Mix lemon juice and zest together in a bowl. Now add half a cup of white sugar and cream cheese into the lemon zest mixture. Mix all ingredients well using an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Then spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent roll dough layer.
- Unroll the second dough over the cream cheese mixture and spread melted butter over it.
- Mix half lemon zest and 3 tbsp sugar in a bowl and sprinkle over the butter.
- Now put the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let the baked dessert sit in the dish for 20 minutes. Then lift it using foil and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut it into square bars and place it in the refrigerator for an hour until chilled.
How to store leftover lemon cream cheese bars?
If you have leftover Lemon Cream Cheese Bars, it’s best to store them in the refrigerator. You can keep them on the counter for a day or two, but at some point, the cream cheese in the filling will start to separate from the dough. If you plan on eating them within a few days, it’s fine to leave them out at room temperature.
Let’s Sum Up
By following the steps in this post, you will be able to make some of the best lemon cheese bars you’ve ever tasted. You’ll impress any guests with your cooking skills and impress your taste buds with delicious results. Simply follow the steps we’ve shared, and you’ll be well on your way to making some of the best lemon cream cheese bars you’ve ever tasted!
If you tried the recipe, share your experience in the comment box below. You are also welcome to share any variations or tips.
Thanks for reading!