Steak Marinade have always been a favourite dish to eat for many of us. It is fancy, satisfying, and so filling that we all crave for it any time of the day all through the year. Indeed, it is one of the perfect dishes to eat on any occasion, but at the same time, it is so notorious for making too.
From infusing flavors to cooking them to preferred doneness can be hard for home cooks. Therefore, we have the best marinade recipe that will make your steak super flavorful and tender as well. All you have to do is marinade the steak and cook; honestly, the only effort required is during cooking the steak. So why wait? Here is the recipe and a few tips on how to cook it to perfection. Cheers!
Best Steak Marinade in Existence
- Start by taking a medium-sized bowl and mixing all the ingredients for the marinade, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Herb seasoning, cayenne pepper, black pepper, white pepper, and salt.
- Then take a zip lock bag and put in the steaks.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks and zip lock the bag.
- Gently massage the steak with the marinade in the zip lock bag.
- Refrigerate the marinaded steak for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavour and tenderness.
- For cooking the steak, place a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the steaks, let it sear for 5 to 8 minutes, and flip.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the other side for the browning. This time duration will give you Medium to Well steak.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and top them with butter.
- Serve right away with your favourite side and with the garnish of freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Cooking Time for Steak Doneness
One of the issues that many people may face is the steak’s doneness at what time. Here is a cheat sheet to make your steak game stronger and easier. No doubt you will become a steak cooking master in no time.
- Rare: Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 minutes.
- Medium Rare: Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- Medium: Cook for 6 minutes, then flip and cook for 4 minutes.
- Medium Well: Cook for 7 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 minutes.
- Well: Cook for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for 6 minutes.
Note: These cooking time durations are for 1-inch thick steaks.