Craving for a steak at home? Well, there is no need to order and go to the steakhouse when you can easily make a good ribeye steak yourself. This garlicky herb butter-filled steak will make you fall in love with it. It is perfect for dinners especially when you have guests coming over or for special occasions. People will keep asking you about the recipe and praise your cooking skills. All you need are some ingredients that you can easily get from the store or maybe have at home.
You can serve it with wine, potatoes or any other sides that you want. You can cook some fries, salad, and any dessert for serving after the steak.
If you have some leftovers from the steak, you can leave them in the refrigerator for 3 days. Moreover, you can freeze it for 2 months. Whenever you want to eat, heat it in a skillet for some minutes and it is all ready to eat.
Food that you can serve with ribeye steak:
- Garlic herb and cheesy mashed potatoes
- Brussel sprouts with slices of bacon
- Cheesy potatoes made in the oven with parmesan
- Roasted asparagus with parmesan and lemon
Is it okay if the butter turns brown in the end?
Yes, of course! It gives a yummy and nutty taste to the steak. You should put the butter on the steak for some minutes through a spoon. It will increase the flavors and provide you with the rich taste of garlic and butter.
RIBEYE STEAK RECIPE
- 1 ribeye steak with bone that can be 24 ounces at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of olive or canola oil
- 3 to 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves that should be smashed
- Fresh thyme and rosemary
- Use a paper towel to dry the steak and season it with salt and pepper.
- Use a cast-iron skillet and heat it on medium flame. Now, add the butter to it.
- Now, place the steak in the middle and flip it after 2 to 3 minutes. Let it heat for 12 to 14 min until the crispy brown color is achieved on the outside.
- Now, low the flame and put the steak to one side of the skillet. Add garlic, thyme, and rosemary to the skillet and let it cook in the butter.
- Add very carefully the butter on the steak through a spoon. Heat it according to your required doneness.
- Slice it after 10 minutes and place it on a nice plate with wine and potatoes.
- Serve it hot immediately.