Fried rice is one of the beloved sides for much delicious Asian gravy and saucy dishes. But fried rice itself is not really considered as a side; it is indeed so delicious that some people may categorize it as main. It is so versatile on its own that you can enjoy it any time of the day. And when you have leftover plain rice, you can always make this delicious fried rice within 15 to 20 minutes. Yes, they are delicious, easy, and so quick to make that you might love to make them even with just a fried egg.
So why wait to try when we have a quick and authentic recipe that will help you make crispy rice with vegetables. You will be surprised that the recipe just needs a few vegetables and Asian condiments that are always available in your kitchen pantry. So, let us make this rice together!
How to store the leftover Fried Rice?
If you have some left, then do not worry; you can always save this rice for later with these few easy steps. Take an air-tight container and fill it with the leftover rice. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days without worrying about them being stale.
We will not recommend freezing fried rice since you are already using the cold rice to make them, and freezing the rice might not give you the same texture and consistency when reheated.
- 4 cups Cooked Long-grained Rice chilled
- 1 Onion small and diced
- 2 Carrots medium, peeled and diced
- ½ cup Frozen Green Peas
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Ginger minced
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil toasted is preferable
- ½ tsp Chili Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Green Onion thinly sliced
- Start with whisking the eggs in a bowl.
- Take a large wok or a pan, add about 1 tbsp of butter, and heat it to medium to low heat.
- Once the butter is melted and foamy, add eggs to it and scramble them. Once the eggs are cooked, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of butter and heat it till melted on medium to low heat.
- Add Garlic, ginger, onions, and carrots to the butter and sauté them for a minute or two.
- Now add frozen peas and remaining butter to the pan.
- Increase the heat to high and cook the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, soy sauce, chili sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and pepper to the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally for crispy rice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add eggs and sesame oil.
- Taste and adjust soy sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!