If you have a lot of potatoes at home, why not make a delicious dish out of them. Chicken bacon ranch potato bake is just a creamy, saucy, and yummy treat for you and your family. The juicy and crispy chicken, bacon, and potato are just perfect.
You can use the liquid ranch dressing for this dish, not the powdered one. Moreover, the potatoes should not be sweet. Check and buy the russet ones as they will taste much better. Some also ask that can they use Mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar. Well, that depends on the liking of people. You can use any type of cheese you like as long as your family would love to eat it.
The seasonings can be done with anything. You can add herbs, white pepper, paprika, and any sort of spices you like. Not everyone just wants their dish with salt and pepper to make it your way.
Substitutes for the dish:
A lot of people have chicken leftovers in the house all the time. But you can substitute the chicken with turkey if you have leftovers in the holidays. Rotisserie chicken would be the perfect thing for the dish and you can use the bones of the chicken for broth or soup.
Pre-cooked bacon is easy to get from a store or you can cook it before. You can even microwave a few strips to get them crunchy and go for the dish. But, never use fake bacon bits at all in the dish as they have a lot of chemicals.
Can you double this recipe?
Of course, you can double this recipe for more guests or a big feast. Make sure to use a bigger dish and also increase the baking time. You can check the potatoes through a fork to see if they are done. If you have some leftovers left, you can store them in an air-tight container for 4 days. Take it to the office or eat on a weekend night.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake Recipe
- 2 lbs. potatoes that you can cut in small size
- 2 cups of chicken shredded or diced
- ½ cup of ranch dressing
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of cheddar shredded
- 5 slices of bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- ¼ cup of onion
- 1 tbsp of dill dried
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients carefully but reserve half of the cheddar cheese and bacon for garnishing.
- Transfer it to a casserole dish with high edges and sides.
- Cover it with foil and let it bake for 45-50 minutes until the potatoes are soft and properly cooked.
- Remove the foil now and add the cheddar and bacon over the dish.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more and let the cheese melt.
- Now your dish is done and you can serve it to your friends and family.
Serve it hot with hand-tossed salad and wine. It could also be perfect for your date night.