Is your sister’s birthday coming up and you want to bake a cake at home? Are you looking for a quick Italian cream cake recipe? If yes, then you are at the right page and scroll down to read the recipe. It is an Italian dessert that takes 10 minutes in preparation and 45 minutes is the cooking time.
Can Italian Cream Cake be stored?
Well, as the cake is so delicious, how would anybody leave it on the plate? Still, if you want to store the cake, then refrigerate it. You can eat the cold cake afterwards as well. There is no need to wait for the cake to return to room temperature. If still, you want less cold, then let it warm for thirty minutes before serving the guests.
I want to freeze my cake. Is it safe?
Yes, you may freeze your Italian cream cake. Put your cake in the freezer and then you can preserve it for three to four months. You can then put the cake on the counter to thaw or refrigerate it overnight.
Why is cream cheese essential for the frosting of cake?
The reason is its consistency and nature. It is thick in consistency and is soft. At room temperature, it becomes extra creamy. If the cream is not softened enough at room temperature, then it becomes hard to mix it up.
Creamy cakes are up on the menu for every tea party. Italian creamy cake is super delicious after the blend of flaked coconut and toasted pecans.
- White cake mixture – 1 package
- Eggs large size – 3
- Buttermilk – 1 ¼ cups
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- Coconut shredded – 1 can
- Toasted pecans – ⅔ cup chopped
- Rum – 3 tbsp
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream cheese – 1 package
- Butter – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 package
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Toasted Pecans – 1 cup chopped
- Add white cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the bowl. Use an electric beater to beat them. Beat for 2 minutes. Now add pecans and flaked coconut in it and mix it well.
- Take 3 cake pans and add this mixture to these pans. But before pouring the mixture, grease the cake pans. Bake the mixture at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Baking time is fifteen to seventeen minutes. You should bake until it is cooked well from inside.
- Take out the cake pans from the oven after baking and then let them cool. Cooling time maybe 10 minutes. After the pans have cooled, take out the cakes on wire racks.
- Use rum on the top layers of the cake if you want to. Set them aside for ten minutes.
- Use cream cheese frosting on each layer, on the top layer and sides of the cake. Let it chill for two hours before you slice the cake.
- Use a bowl and add in cream cheese and butter. Beat it at a medium pace and keep beating until it turns smooth. Slowly, add sugar and beat until it turns fluffy. Add in vanilla and pecans. Frost your cake when it is cooled (completely).