I don’t know if you know this, but right now I am in Virginia with my husband while he works. We are staying in a hotel that has a particle kitchen in the room, so I thought I’d try out one of the eMeals slow cooker recipes. I picked the Creamy Crock Pot Pork Chops with Noodles because it was something other than chicken and quite frankly, I got to have a carb in the noodles. There wasn’t an awesome place to take the picture, so I did it at the window, but you will have to excuse my husband’s fingers.
I did change it up the recipe a little bit. If you are a regular reader, you know that I don’t normally eat processed foods, or at the very least, I limit them a lot. This recipe calls for Cream of Chicken soup. Instead of using that, I used some of my homemade cream soup mix and chopped up some fresh mushrooms to add to the soup. I use that mix for so many things and when I found out I had this kitchen in the room, I decided to bring some of the mix with me. We had this and really loved it. It was so good and tender. We will have this again for sure.
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup or 1 portion Cream Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound boneless pork chops
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- In a slow cooker, mix the soup, sour cream and onion soup mix.
- Add the pork chops and turn them over to be sure they are covered.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the chops are almost done, boil noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- To serve, place the pork chops on top of the noodles.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or your favorite vegetable.