I don’t know if you know this, but right now I am in Virginia with my husband while he works. We are staying in a hotel that has a particle kitchen in the room, so I thought I’d try out one of the eMeals slow cooker recipes. I picked the Creamy Crock Pot Pork Chops with Noodles because it was something other than chicken and quite frankly, I got to have a carb in the noodles. There wasn’t an awesome place to take the picture, so I did it at the window, but you will have to excuse my husband’s fingers.
I did change it up the recipe a little bit. If you are a regular reader, you know that I don’t normally eat processed foods, or at the very least, I limit them a lot. This recipe calls for Cream of Chicken soup. Instead of using that, I used some of my homemade cream soup mix and chopped up some fresh mushrooms to add to the soup. I use that mix for so many things and when I found out I had this kitchen in the room, I decided to bring some of the mix with me. We had this and really loved it. It was so good and tender. We will have this again for sure.
Creamy Crock Pot Pork Chops and Noodles
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup or 1 portion Cream Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound boneless pork chops
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- In a slow cooker, mix the soup, sour cream and onion soup mix.
- Add the pork chops and turn them over to be sure they are covered.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the chops are almost done, boil noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- To serve, place the pork chops on top of the noodles.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or your favorite vegetable.