If you like chocolate chip cookies and coffee this is the treat for you. These delicious mocha chip cookie bars have chocolate chips, a kick of coffee and a creamy chocolate ganache glaze.
Let’s make some cookie bars. It is really just a basic chocolate chip cookie base with the addition of cornstarch to give it a cake like texture. Then a tablespoon of instant coffee is added for some more flavor. First I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. Then I whisked together flour, salt, cornstarch, and baking soda and set it aside.
I then creamed together my butter, sugar, and brown sugar together for about three minutes to get them light and fluffy. An egg is then added and mixed well along with the flavorings vanilla extract and instant coffee granules. You could also use espresso powder.
Once those are incorporated, I mixed in the flour just until combined. Then stirred in the chocolate chips. I then spread the cookie batter evenly into a 9″x 13″ baking dish and baked it for about 20 minutes.
After the pan of cookies cooled, I poured a 1:1 chocolate ganache glaze over them. Then chilled the bars until the chocolate was set about 30 minutes and sliced them up.
If you want to skip a few steps the cornstarch and coffee could be added to a chocolate cookie dough mix. Then baked and topped with the ganache.
These bars are absolutely a delicious with their cake like cookie base and creamy chocolate topping. You must mix up a batch of these today. Go on, get your mocha chip cookie bar on!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, cream together butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and mix well. Then add in coffee and vanilla before scrapind down the sides of the bowl.
- On low speed add in the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips. Then spread in an ungreased 9″x13″ pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- While the cookie base is cooling, heat the cream over low heat just under boiling.
- Pour the cream over the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and let sit for a minute or two.
- Stir the chocolate and cream until completely smooth. Pour over the cooled cookie base then chill for about 30 minutes or until the chocoalte is set.
- Slice into bars and enjo!
The Chocolate Cookie Bar recipe mentions an egg in the directions, however there is no egg le”listed in the ingredients.