Who doesn’t love a home-cooked meal served hot on the table? You can enjoy it with your family and have a great time together. Today, we are going to share a recipe that is delicious and nutritional for your family. It is wholesome food called garlic roasted chicken with potatoes. This dish is going to make your life easy as we all have hectic routines. There is so much to do and you also have to prepare meals. This is the kind of dish that you can dump in a pan and make in the oven. Sounds easy, right?
You can use both baby potatoes or Yukon but I am going to use the baby ones. The best part is the rich taste of garlic and butter that is going to make your kitchen smell heavenly. You just need to take out 10 minutes to prep everything and let the baking oven do the magic. We all like such recipes that require no mess and you can sit while it is cooking. This is my go-to dish and has been making it for years. You are going to love this recipe and on your side menu, you can add spinach salad, chickpea salad with vegetables, boiled carrots, and some wedges.
Can I cook both chicken and potatoes together?
Of course, you can. The dish is practically easy which makes it so perfect. Just dump everything in the same roast pan and let the oven prepare it for you. Even you will get some aroma and taste of the buttery garlic in your potatoes as well.
Is this meal healthy?
It is one of the healthiest meals that you will ever have. It has meat and potatoes that are good for your body. Think about all the protein you are getting and the baked potatoes will not make you fat at all. They are a quite healthy and delicious meals that you can eat to avoid calories.
Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Half cup of butter
- 6 baby potatoes or Yukon in small pieces
- 24 garlic cloves Make sure to peel them
- 6 Chicken leg quarters cut into small chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Let’s prepare the other ingredients. Take a bowl and add the butter which you can heat in the microwave to melt. Put it in a roasting pan and add garlic, potatoes, and chicken to it. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and makes sure to mix it well. The butter and garlic should coat the chicken completely.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in which stir the pan butter and garlic melt and put it on the chicken. With the help of a brush, add maple syrup to the potatoes and the chicken.
- Now heat it again for 20 minutes till you get a brown color. Now you know that it is juicy and tender with the aroma of butter and garlic. Before you serve, make sure to squeeze the garlic on the chicken, and if there is any hard part remove it.
- Your delicious dinner is ready to serve hot to the guests or your family.
Is the maple syrup taste very strong? We don’t really like sweet on our meat.