Quick and easy summer food is the cook’s best friend; these Chicken Caprese Roll-ups fit that bill nicely. With as few as five ingredients, lunch or a light dinner is wrapped up (pun intended) in mere minutes.
Of course, like anything, you could get fancy with these. But there is no need for that unless you want to do so.
For instance, I’ve made them drizzling on just balsamic vinegar straight from the bottle; other times I’ve made them with a balsamic reduction I usually have on hand in the refrigerator.
I’ve melted the fresh mozzarella; I’ve left it “raw.” I’ve used plain baked chicken breasts; I’ve drizzled balsamic on the chicken.
It’s completely up to you to come up with your own favorite combination, so experiment with how you like them best. The one thing is certain, they are quick, easy, delicious and filling. Who could want more?
Chicken Caprese Roll-ups
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts baked, sliced (you could cheat and use Rotisserie chicken breasts)
- 3 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves cut chiffonade fashion
- drizzle balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lay out a flour tortilla on your work surface.
- Layer all the other ingredients into the center of the tortilla.
- Roll or fold the flour tortilla to encase the stuffing.