This recipe is a hearty, comforting and delicious meal that is perfect for the cold winter months.
I started my day by prepping all the ingredients, chopping the vegetables and browning the beef in a skillet. The aroma of the browning beef filled my kitchen and I could already tell that this soup was going to be amazing. I then transferred the beef and the sautéed vegetables to my slow cooker.
Next, I added the broth, water, barley and the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker. I love the convenience of using a slow cooker, especially when I have a busy day ahead of me. I simply set it on low and let it do its magic. As the hours went by, the aroma of the soup filled my home and I couldn’t wait to try it.
Finally, the time came to taste the soup and I was blown away by the flavor. The broth was rich and savory, and the beef was tender and juicy. The barley added a nice texture to the soup and the vegetables provided a pop of color and freshness. I was so pleased with how the soup turned out, it was definitely a comforting and satisfying meal.
I served the soup with a side of crusty bread and a green salad, and it made for the perfect winter meal. Not only was it delicious, but it was also filling and kept me warm on a cold winter’s day. The slow cooking process allowed all the flavors to come together and create a truly amazing soup.
In conclusion, I highly recommend giving Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup a try. It’s a simple and delicious recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights, and the slow cooking process makes it a stress-free meal to prepare. Whether you are looking for a comforting and hearty meal or just want to try something new, this soup is sure to satisfy. So, grab your slow cooker, gather your ingredients, and give this recipe a try!
Beef Barley Soup recipe
- 3 tablespoons of oil derived from vegetables
- 1.5 pounds of boneless beef that has low-fat content cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 6 cups of water separated into portions
- 3 cans of beef broth each weighing 10.5 ounces
- 6 medium-sized carrots diced
- 6 medium-sized green onions diced
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 1 cup of barley grains
- 0.5 cup of freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves.
- Turn on the heat to medium and place the oil in a skillet.
- Add the cubed beef and cook until it has a browned appearance, which should take around 5 minutes.
- Once the beef is browned, mix in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add a small quantity of water to the skillet and stir to get any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Pour the liquid and the bits into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining water, beef broth, chopped carrots, green onions, celery, barley, and parsley to the slow cooker. Put the lid on and cook on the “Low” setting until the vegetables and barley are soft, which should take between 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in the dried thyme just before serving.