If you are a peanut butter lover, then this recipe is going to make you amazed. It is a simple yet delicious frosting treat that is perfect for every occasion. If you have some guests coming over especially kids, or you can make it for the holidays. It can be made in bigger batches and you can send it to your friends and family in nice packaging. This surely can be a great gift that will be made with love, chocolate, peanut butter, and a soft cookie bar taste.
There is no denying that it is a treat for everyone. They are completely amazing and even if you are not a peanut butter fan, you are surely going to like them. The layers of chocolate frosting surely make it a complete dessert for everyone. You are going to love the gooey, creamy, and soft texture of these bars with just one bite. If you have ever tried decadent brownies, you might know they are very soft and chocolaty. Consider these bars like that with the sweet peanut butter flavor.
This homemade recipe is going to make you the MasterChef in your house. You can customize it according to your choice by adding different toppings, like nuts, chocolate or white chips, and even whipped cream. With every choice, they are the perfect choice that will go with every lunch or dinner at your house.
Why try these peanut butter lunch lady cookie bars recipes?
If you have ever tried then you will know that chocolate and peanut butter can make quite a combination. With the other ingredients that we will be using in this recipe, they are going to melt in your mouth. For this heavenly dessert, you do not have to go through a lengthy and frustrating process. These peanut butter bars are quite a saver, especially on days when you are not in the mood of cooking. You can make a batch and freeze it for your family and yourself.
Moreover, the best thing about this recipe is that it gives the kids a chance to customize their dessert. In my family, everyone likes their toppings and layers, so I give them a chance to make their own perfectly flavored bars. I like mine with some pecans so choose whatever you like and make sure to serve the kids with some frosting. They will go nuts for it.
Peanut butter lunch lady cookie bars recipe
- Eggs 2
- Flour 2 cups
- Peanut butter 1 and a half cup Make sure to divide it evenly into 2 separate cups
- Sugar 2 cups You can use the granulated sugar as well
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Milk 1 and a half cup
- Unsalted butter 1 and a half cups it should be at room temperature
- Salt 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar 4 cups
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F while you set your baking pan with parchment paper or a buttered sheet.
- Take a bowl and start mixing flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
- Separate 2 tbsp from the milk quantity and add the remaining to another bowl. Add the vanilla essence, and eggs, and mix it well.
- Take a saucepan in which melt 1 cup of the butter only and 1 cup of peanut butter. Add the dry ingredients and then the milk and egg mixture. Make sure to mix it well and then pour it hot on the baking sheet.
- Spread it evenly with the help of a spoon or spatula. Bake it for 20-22 minutes.
- Make the frosting by adding the remaining peanut butter, butter, 2 tbsp milk, and powdered sugar. Add it as the top layer and then let your dessert cool. Serve it with your favorite toppings.