Are you trying to cut down your calories but still crave yummy food? Do you want to know about some easy and new potato recipes? Well, anyone who is up for this question should know that potatoes are a rich source of protein and they should be in your diet. Now, there is no need to fry it because here I am sharing a low-calorie recipe for mashed potato muffins. If you have a lot of leftover mashed potatoes then you can use them for making a healthy meal for yourself. Moreover, you can use this recipe for appetizers, breakfast, or even packing it for lunch.
Kids love potatoes and they are never going to be full of them. So, instead of just trying out the old recipes, give it a try and you will see that it is a perfect meal. Sometimes, I make it a lot and it helps me to keep my late-night cravings satisfied. No doubt, it is quite healthy and contains all the necessary nutrients that your family should be taking into the diet. Believe me, it is just the thing that you will want on your breakfast table.
Mostly on holidays or big feasts, this recipe is a real-life saver. I have a lot of mashed potatoes left and instead of just putting them in the fridge or wasting it, I make a new meal for everyone. This recipe will only take some of the everyday ingredients that will help you make the best-mashed potato muffins. You can make it by adding your favorite toppings as well as we do when serving mashed potatoes as appetizers.
Mashed Potato Muffins
- Potatoes 3
- Butter Half cup
- Italian seasoning half teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese grated half cup You can use any of your favorite cheese like I am using Mozzarella
- Parsley for garnishing
- Garlic 3 cloves chopped
- Pea’s half cup
- Carrots half cup
- Green onion 2 tbsp
- Start by washing your potatoes and then add them to a pot. Fill the pot with water as much as you need for covering the potatoes.
- Put it on high flame and with the help of a fork, you can keep checking to see if the potatoes are done.
- As soon as they are soft peel and mash them in a bowl. Melt the butter in the oven and add it to the bowl. Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and all the optional ingredients I have mentioned above. I like to make mashed potatoes like this but it is up to you to use whatever optional ingredient you want to at this point.
- Grease a muffin tray and add the mashed potato. With the help of a fork, make the shape of muffins and then bake them at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- As soon as they are nice and crispy you can get them out and serve them to your friends and family.