The famous recipe of ooey gooey bars is just to die for. When I tried this recipe, I instantly fall in love with it. The delicious crust and the buttery creamy filling are just beyond perfect. Most of the ingredients that we will need might already be in your kitchen. You can never go wrong by making it for big gatherings. It is perfect for birthdays, holidays, date nights, and even just for the family who wants to enjoy a nice meal together.
You can say that it could be your last-minute dessert because it does not require a lot of time. The best part is that you can make it ahead to avoid the rush of doing everything last minute. Moreover, I find these bars perfect because I can make them quickly for neighbors or guests. If you have a family anything like mine, you will surely know that having dessert is so important. Now, instead of just baking all day long, I prefer this recipe that gives me the time to spend with my loved ones.
These ooey gooey butter bars are specially for kids. Even you can make it on holidays and they can help you with the ingredients. They will love decorating it with powdered sugar and giving it as a gift to their grandparents.
Ooey gooey butter bars
For the crust you will need:
- Egg 1
- Butter 1 stick soft
- Yellow cake mix box 1
For the filling we will need:
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Powdered sugar 16 oz
- Cream cheese soft 8 oz
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F while you prepare your ingredients.
- Start by greasing your baking dish and then keep it aside. Take a bowl and add your crust ingredients to it. Mix it well and you will get a dry mixture ready.
- Add the crust into the baking dish and pat it with your hands. The bottom of the dish will be covered now with the delicious crust.
- To prepare the filling start by taking a bowl and adding the cream cheese, vanilla, and eggs. Put ¼ of the powdered sugar in a small bowl or cup because we will be needing it further. In the bowl slowly add remaining of the powdered sugar while you keep mixing it with your other hand. Make sure that you are slowly adding the powdered sugar otherwise, it can create a real mess for you.
- In 3 minutes, your creamy filling will be ready to add to the crust.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes and then let it cool. If you feel that it is puffy do not worry it will settle down on its own. Sprinkle it with the powdered sugar that we kept aside.
- Make sure to cool it completely and then serve it to your friends and family.
Can you refrigerate ooey gooey butter bars?
Yes, I usually keep them in my fridge for around 3-4 days. It is better to store them in an airtight container or aluminum foil so they are fresh and moist for you to eat.
what size pan?
Yes….what size pan???????
From the pic in the recipe it looks like a 9 x 13 inch size glass baking dish to me.
WHAT SIZE PAN??????