If you are looking for a perfect pumpkin spice recipe, then this is going to be the best choice for your next event. You are going to instantly fall in love with it due to its unique cream cheese swirl. The key ingredient is the pumpkin puree that makes the muffins so moist. You will hardly have any leftovers if you are following the exact quantity of the recipe. I would recommend making some extra cream cheese and then serving more on top of the muffins.
Whenever I make this recipe, I double the ingredients because everyone in my family loves it. These are perfect for holidays, especially Halloween. You can even use your homemade pumpkin spice if you want.
Why we love these pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins:
They taste perfect and it feels like you ordered them from a reputed bakery or restaurant. You can serve it for breakfasts and they are the perfect treat for the holiday season. Those who want to use the pumpkin flavor in their recipes will love this recipe. These muffins hardly take 30 minutes and the recipe is so easy to make. The best part is that the muffins will stay fresh and moist even in the fridge for many days.
Can you store these muffins in the freezer?
Yes, of course. You can keep the muffins wrapped in aluminum foil in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for 1-2 months. Usually, I don’t recommend them because they taste better than the frozen ones and hardly there will be any leftovers.
Can I use any toppings for the muffin?
You can use any of your favorite nuts or frostings for the muffin. It is a personalized option as I add more of my cream cheese frosting on the top. You can even make chocolate fudge frosting for these muffins and it will taste delicious.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
For the muffin:
- Granulated sugar 1 cup
- Pumpkin spice 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar half cup
- Eggs 2
- Vegetable oil half cup
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Pumpkin puree 1 can
- Salt half tsp
- Flour 1 ¾ cups
- Pumpkin juice 1 tbsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
For the cream cheese swirl:
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- 1 egg yolk
- Granulated sugar ¼ cup
- Cream cheese 8 oz
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Start with preparing your muffin tray by adding baking cups to the pan. Keep it aside and start preparing your ingredients.
- In a bowl mix flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the brown, granulated sugar, pumpkin juice, and puree. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla slowly with one hand continuously whisking.
- Add the dry ingredients now and mix it well until there are no lumps.
- Fill the muffin tray to ¾ and start beating the cream cheese. Add all the ingredients to it and mix it till it has a fluffy texture.
- Put 1 tbsp of cream cheese on top of the muffin batter and swirl it around with a toothpick.
- Repeat the process for all the muffins and bake them for 18-20 minutes. You can check with a toothpick whether the muffins are done or not.
- Serve it hot and fresh to your friends and family.
I have never seen pumpkin juice anywhere before; where might one find it? Do you put raw pumpkin in a juicer for just 1 Tbsp of juice called for in this recipe? What do those with no juicer do? Help! Fall is almost here!
I want to try this recipe but I wish I knew what size can of pumpkin puree to use.
What size can of pumpkin??