Philly cheesesteak meatloaf is an amazing recipe that is perfect for dinners. You will have a hearty meal filled with delicious meat, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese. Now, this is the kind of combination that I like. You will never get enough of this once you try this juicy meatloaf. You might have tried or heard about the Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Just consider it the same but with much better flavors and tastes that will make you smile.
I like to serve it with some garlic mashed potatoes that light up your mood. You can watch your favorite season with it and enjoy this delicious treat. Moreover, you can use any cheese that you like. There is so much personalization that you can do in this recipe and in every way it tastes perfect. You are going to love the juicy and delicious cheesy top with the meat properly cooked in the bottom.
Just like the amazing Philly sandwiches, you won’t be able to resist these. They are perfect for big gatherings, holidays, and special occasions. Everyone will keep asking you about the recipe and compliment your cooking skills.
Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf Recipe
- Lean ground beef 0.8 kg
- Garlic cloves 3 chopped
- Mushrooms 1 cup diced
- Bell pepper green 1 diced
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Oil 1 tbsp You can use any oil you have
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Panko breadcrumbs 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Ketchup 2 tbsp You can even use the chili ketchup
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp
- Cheese whiz half cup Optional
- Provolone 10 slices
- Solid provolone 4 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, cook onion, bell pepper, and mushroom for 10 minutes. You should cook on medium heat and let the ingredients sauté.
- Add garlic and cook for further 3 minutes.
- Now in a bowl, add the salt, pepper, cheese whiz, sauce, ketchup, eggs, breadcrumbs, and the cooked mixture.
- Mix it well and add half of the prepared meat to the bottom of the baking dish. Add the provolone solid cheese in the middle and the remaining meat on top. Seal the edges with the help of your fingers.
- Bake it for 60 minutes and then add the slices of cheese on top. Bake it for 5 minutes and your delicious meal is ready to serve.
Commonly, people prefer to use ribeye because it is used in the famous Philly sandwiches too. The meat is tender and delicious to eat when it is lean.
How to get moist meatloaf?
You must have enough moisture in your ingredients like we are using above. You can even use wet seasonings to get the next texture and flavors. It also helps to keep the meat juicy. The ingredients are ketchup, mustard, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, or lime which helps to make the best Philly cheesesteak meatloaf.
What is the best filler for meatloaf?
Filler is an important part of any meatloaf. For Philly cheesesteak meatloaf, I am using the Panko breadcrumbs but you can use crackers, oatmeal’s, tortilla chips, and any other filler that you know. Breadcrumbs are easy to get and could be already in your pantry.