Apple pie biscuits have always been my go-to recipe for weekend breakfast. Family friends always come over, and I make delicious breakfast treats. Not only these apple pie biscuits are my favorite option, but I even get requests for them. It is a mouthwatering delicious recipe filled with the wonderfulness of cinnamon sugar, apple pie, and buttery flavor. I even serve this recipe as a snack because it is so easy to make.
Apple pie biscuits are a famous recipe around the world. You can never go wrong with this combination; if you have kids at home, this could be an ideal treat. The best thing is that you can make it in two ways. If you are in a hurry, you can use the frozen pie filling and premade biscuits. But, if you have time and want to make everything from scratch, follow my recipe to exact. You are surely going to love this recipe once you try it.
What to expect from the recipe:
A perfect brunch that will make your guests and family happy. They will fall in love with this recipe.
You will make soft buttery biscuits filled with the deliciousness of apple pie filling. You can use both frozen and freshly made filling.
You can even add caramel or vanilla syrup on top. The chewy caramel taste will surely enhance the soft biscuits’ flavors.
You should try the sweet glaze on top from my recipe and make it more for the kids.
It is easy to make, and you do not need a lot of ingredients and prep time for it.
Apple Pie Biscuits Recipe
- 8 frozen or easy cream biscuits
- Butter half cup Melt it in the microwave
- Light brown sugar half cup
- 1 can of apple pie filling 21 oz
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Nutmeg ⅛ tsp
- Walnut or pecans 1 cup Optional
For the glaze:
- Powdered sugar half cup
- Cream 3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Now prepare your cast iron skillet by brushing the melted butter on every side and bottom.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Dip the biscuit in the melted butter and coat the sides with the sugar mixture.
- On the top of the biscuits, add the apple pie filling and arrange it with the help of a spoon.
- Add more butter on the top and bake it for 32-35 minutes until the biscuits are puffy.
- Prepare the glaze and add it to the prepared biscuits.
- You can always prepare more glaze using the recipe 2x or 3x because you will love it. Serve the prepared apple pie biscuits immediately hot and fresh from the oven.
- You can always prepare your apple pie filling at home. When the apples are in season, you should make your topping.
- For this recipe, you can also use canned buttermilk biscuits, and they will taste perfect.
The baking time depends on the dough’s thickness, so you do not have to worry about it.
- For extra flavor, you can serve this recipe with a scoop of vanilla on top of the biscuits.
- It is a Southern-style recipe perfect for traditional breakfast and brunch.
the apple biscuits was very good