Do you have some leftover turkey in the fridge? Well, you can make unique and easy recipes out of it that everyone will love. Instead of just making turkey sandwiches, try these new turkey pockets that taste so good. It can be served as an appetizer and a main dish. If you have kids at home, they will fall in love with it.
Turkey pockets are one of the best main courses you can enjoy at weekend dinners, especially on Thanksgiving. No Thanksgiving dinner is complete without having a handful of that delicious turkey treats. Well, even if you got some juicy and delicious Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, there is no need to throw them away. You can utilize the same bits of turkey in this recipe.
Apart from the holidays, I have been making this recipe for a while now. I always trust this recipe and serve it as an appetizer for my fancy servings. My guests love it, and they ask for the recipe and compliment my skills.
Why will you love the turkey pockets recipe?
It is entirely foolproof because you do not need complex ingredients and equipment for the recipe.
The recipe can be customized with your favorite stuffings and gravy. You can use your favorite cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan.
It can be served as a side and as a complete meal.
You can add ham, chicken, and beef to the recipe if you don’t have turkey.
You will be using the Knorr packet to make turkey gravy. If you want, you can add some ranch dressing as a substitute.
Should I cook a turkey with aluminum foil?
If you want moist turkey, you should always make it with aluminum foil. Otherwise, bake it the same way I did to get roasted results. It is thoroughly cooked and tastes so good.
Can I make the recipe before time?
Of course, you can. Just make the turkey gravy once you are going to serve or bake the meat. You can wrap the turkey and store it in an airtight container with aluminum foil. It will be fresh, and you can bake it whenever the guests come.
You can also freeze the recipe after baking it and storing it in an airtight container for two months. It tastes perfect, and you will have a complete meal ready for your busy weekends.
Turkey Pockets – Deli Turkey Recipe for Holidays
- Knorr turkey gravy packet 1
- Turkey slices from the deli
- Any of your favorite stuffing two-and-a-half cups
- Mozzarella cheese 2 cups shredded
- Parsley Optional for topping
- Add parchment paper to the baking dish and prepare your turkey gravy as per the procedure on the back of the packet.
- I will use stuffing made with mashed potatoes, herbs, mozzarella cheese, and spices that I made before.
- Just add it to the turkey slice and wrap it up. Follow the same procedure for all the slices and lay them out on parchment paper.
- Add the mozzarella cheese on top and bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Once the cheese is melted and golden, get the dish out and serve it hot and fresh from the oven.
- You can sprinkle some favorite herbs or fresh parsley on top.
do you pour the gravy over turkey pockets before baking or as a side when serving?