Are you looking for the best crab meat recipes? Today, I will share a recipe I swear by, which is crab Rangoon egg rolls. It is perfect for deliciousness and flavors, and the crab meat is served as an appetizer. We always plan some gatherings every week or twice a week, and this recipe comes in handy.
If you are an appetizer lover, this will blow your mind. I mix some of my favorite spices and add cream cheese as the recipe’s main ingredient. Egg rolls are a famous appetizer that you can stuff with anything. It would be best if you tried these crab meat stuffed egg rolls once, and they will indeed become a part of your special events.
Moreover, kids are going to love this golden fried treat. You can stuff some cheese, green onions, and anything they will love in their rolls. Also, you do not need a lot of crab meat for the recipe. You can make it within your budget by adding more ingredients to the stuffing.
Recipe notes and tips
I always recommend that you use fresh crab meat. I will use King crab in the recipe, but you can also use Snow, Dungeness, Blue, and Stone crab.
Chop your crab meat finely to mix it well with the stuffing.
Always buy egg roll wrappers that are readily available in grocery stores. You can find it in the refrigerator section.
Your cream cheese must be soft or at room temperature.
If you want your meat to taste a little sweet, add half tsp or tbsp of sugar based on the level of sweetness you like.
For cooking the perfect egg rolls, use a thermometer to check that your oil is 375 degrees.
What sauce or dressing will go with crab Rangoon egg rolls?
You can add any of your favorite sauces that you like. I like mine with ketchup, chili garlic, and ranch dressing. All my side dressings are store-bought because they are quick and easy to serve.
Can I double or triple the recipe?
Yes, of course, you can. The recipe can be 4x, 5x, and more, depending on your needs. I have made a batch of 60 crab Rangoon egg rolls with my recipe, which never fails.
Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls Recipe
- Vegetable or sunflower oil for frying
- Egg roll wrappers 10
- Cream cheese softened 8 ounces
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- White cooked crabmeat diced half lb.
- Green onion chopped 3
- Onion powder half tsp
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp
- Add all the ingredients except wrappers and oil to a food processor. Mix it several times to get a nice well-combined stuffing.
- Now lay out a wrapper and add the stuffing in the middle. You can add 2-3 tbsp of filling and then roll from the opposite corner to the end. Tuck the corners now and put them in the tray. Repeat the process for all the wrappers. If you feel that the wrappers are opening, apply some water with the help of a brush or your fingers. It will keep the stuffing intact.
- Heat the oil and let the temperature rise to 375 degrees. Add the egg rolls to the oil. At this point, I would recommend that you fry these 2-3 at a time.
- Serve them hot and fresh to your friends and family.