No peek beef tips is a classic American dish that dates back to the 1950s. It was a popular dish during the time because it was an economical way to feed a family. The dish is made of beef tips, mushrooms, onions, and cream of mushroom soup and is cooked in the oven until the beef tips are tender and the sauce is creamy. It is a simple yet flavorful dish that continues to be a favorite among families.
The exact origin of No peek beef tips is unknown, but it is thought to have originated in the Midwest where beef, mushrooms, and cream of mushroom soup were easily accessible. Since then, it has been adapted to different regions and cultures and is prepared in various ways. No peek beef tips is a timeless dish that has been enjoyed by generations.
No peek beef tips is an easy and delicious dish that can be made in just a few minutes. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or a casual family gathering. The main ingredients are beef tips, mushrooms, onion, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. The beef is browned in a skillet, then combined with the other ingredients and cooked in the oven. The beef tips are tender and succulent, with a creamy, mushroom-y sauce.
No Peek Beef Tips
- 2 pounds of beef cut into cubes for stewing
- A packet of brown gravy mix weighing 0.87 ounces
- A 10.5-ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- A can of water equivalent to the size of the cream of mushroom soup can
- An envelope of Beefy Onion Soup Mix weighing 1.25 ounces
- Salt and pepper added to taste (optional)
Step-by-Step Guide for Slow Cooker Beef Stew:
- Coat the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the beef: Place the beef cubes in the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, brown gravy, water, and Beefy Onion Soup Mix until well combined. Pour the mixture over the beef in the slow cooker.
- Cook: Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
Instructions for Making Beef Stew in the Oven:
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 300°F (149°C) and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the beef: Arrange the beef cubes in a single layer in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix together the Beefy Onion Soup Mix, cream of mushroom soup, brown gravy mix, and water until well combined. Pour the mixture over the beef, stirring to coat evenly.
- Bake: Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours without opening the oven.
- Cool and serve: When ready, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Carefully remove the foil to avoid steam burns, as the dish will be hot.
- Main dish: Serve the beef stew over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, rice, thick toast, or any other preferred base.
- Sides: Enjoy the stew with steamed vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, mixed veggies, or a garden salad.