Spanish Rice Bake is a popular dish of Spanish origin. It is a mixture of white rice, tomatoes, and other ingredients that can be cooked in a single casserole dish. It is a popular dish in Mexico and other Latin American countries, and it is often served as a main dish or side dish.
The origins of Spanish Rice Bake can be traced back to the 16th century when it was first prepared in Spain. In the 16th century, Spanish cooks used a variety of ingredients to make the dish. These included white rice, tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, and spices. The dish was then baked in an oven or over a fire.
Today, Spanish Rice Bake is a popular dish in Mexico and other Latin American countries. It is often served as a main dish or side dish. The dish is usually prepared with white rice, diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, and spices. It is then baked in a casserole dish until it is golden and crispy.
The great thing about Spanish Rice Bake is that it is incredibly versatile. It can be served with a variety of different meats, such as beef, chicken, pork, or seafood. It can also be served with vegetables, such as beans, corn, or peas. It is also a great dish for vegetarians, as it can be easily made without meat.
In terms of health benefits, Spanish Rice Bake is a great choice. It is a low-fat, high-fiber dish that is packed with vitamins and minerals. It is also a great source of complex carbohydrates, which can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Additionally, it is also a good source of protein and it is low in sodium.
Overall, Spanish Rice Bake is a delicious and nutritious dish that is sure to please. It is a great choice for a main dish or side dish and it can be easily customized to fit your dietary needs. Whether you are looking for a light lunch or a hearty dinner, Spanish Rice Bake is sure to satisfy.
Spanish Rice Bake
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers and jalapenos and cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add white rice, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with shredded cheese and cilantro.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- This recipe can be made with any type of white rice, but long grain white rice works best. Feel free to adjust the amount of jalapenos to suit your taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole for an extra kick.