Slow cooker beef tips are a savory and delicious dish that can be enjoyed as part of a main course or as a side dish. It is a popular dish in many parts of the world, and it is known for its rich flavor and texture.
The dish features tender beef tips slow cooked in a flavorful sauce. The beef tips are usually cut into small pieces and cooked in a slow cooker along with a variety of seasonings and vegetables. Common seasonings include garlic, onion, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Vegetables that are often added to the dish include carrots, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
When slow cooked, the beef tips release their flavor and become incredibly tender and juicy. The slow cooking method allows the beef tips to absorb the flavors of the seasonings and vegetables, creating a delicious and complex dish that can be served with a variety of side dishes or as a main course.
The slow cooker beef tips have many health benefits. The slow cooking method helps to retain the natural vitamins and minerals in the beef tips, making them a good source of protein and other nutrients. The seasonings and vegetables used to flavor the beef tips are also beneficial, as they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
The slow cooker beef tips are a great way to enjoy a flavorful and healthy meal. They are easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time for a quick and easy meal. With the slow cooker beef tips, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to please.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the beef, beef broth, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and Worcestershire sauce in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and butter until it forms a paste.
- Add the paste to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve over cooked rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
For a lighter gravy, omit the flour and butter.
You can also add some diced carrots or mushrooms to the slow cooker for added flavor and nutrition.