Roasted Cabbage Steaks are a delicious and healthy vegetable side dish that is surprisingly versatile and filling. The preparation is simple: slice a head of cabbage into thick slices, season with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven until the edges are golden and the cabbage is tender. The result is an easy to make, nutrient packed side dish that pairs well with a variety of main dishes.
For those who are unfamiliar with Roasted Cabbage Steaks, they are simply thick slices of cabbage that are seasoned and cooked in the oven. The cabbage is cut into steaks, similar in size and shape to a steak. This preparation gives the cabbage a slightly nutty flavor that is enhanced by the roasting process. The cabbage steaks are also incredibly versatile, as they can be served alongside a variety of proteins and flavors.
One of the great benefits of Roasted Cabbage Steaks is that they are incredibly nutrient dense. Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable, meaning it is packed with powerful antioxidants and vitamins that can help boost the immune system and ward off inflammation. It is also an excellent source of dietary fiber and B vitamins, which help to regulate blood sugar levels, promote heart health, and boost energy. Cabbage is also low in calories and fat, making it an excellent choice for those looking to lose weight.
When it comes to preparing Roasted Cabbage Steaks, the process is simple. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice a head of cabbage into thick slices and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the cabbage slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 2025 minutes, flipping once halfway through. The cabbage should be cooked until the edges are golden and the interior is tender.
Once the cabbage is roasted, it can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a larger meal. Roasted Cabbage Steaks pair well with proteins such as steak, chicken, fish and pork. They can also be served with a variety of sauces and seasonings, such as balsamic vinegar, pesto, garlic and herbs. They also make a great addition to salads, tacos and wraps.
Roasted Cabbage Steaks are a delicious and healthy vegetable side dish that is surprisingly versatile and filling. When prepared correctly, they are packed with nutrients and can be enjoyed as part of a variety of meals. So the next time you are in the mood for a vegetable side dish, give Roasted Cabbage Steaks a try.
Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the cabbage into four thick steaks, about 1 inch thick.
- Place the cabbage steaks onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the oil mixture onto the cabbage steaks.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping the steaks halfway through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- After roasting the cabbage steaks, allow them to cool completely.
- Place the cooled steaks in a single layer in an airtight container or wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store the steaks in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the steaks on a baking sheet and bake for 1012 minutes, or until heated through.