Taco casserole is a classic dish that has been enjoyed by generations of family members. It is a dish that is not only delicious, but easy to make and can be customized to fit any dietary restriction. This Mexican-inspired meal can be made with a variety of ingredients and is often a great way to use up leftovers.
This recipe was first created as a way to use up leftover ingredients and make a flavorful, filling meal. It is typically made with a layer of tortilla chips, which are then topped with a mixture of ground beef, cooked veggies, and canned beans. Additional toppings such as cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole can be added to customize the dish to each individual’s preferences.
Taco casserole is an easy dish to assemble and can be made in just a few simple steps. First, the tortilla chips are spread out in the bottom of a greased baking dish. Next, the beef, vegetables, and beans are added and mixed together. Then, the toppings such as cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole are added as desired. Finally, the dish is baked in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
This is a great meal to serve for both kids and adults. It is a versatile dish that can be adapted to fit any dietary restriction, and it is easy to double or triple the recipe to feed a larger crowd. Additionally, taco casserole is a great way to use up leftovers and make a delicious meal.
If you are looking for an easy, flavorful meal that is sure to please everyone, then taco casserole is an excellent option. With its delicious combination of flavors and textures, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your household. Whether you are looking for a meal for a family gathering or just need a quick and easy dinner, taco casserole is sure to be a hit.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1.25-ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen corn
- 1 9-ounce package reduced-fat tortilla chips
- 1 8-ounce package shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and diced onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning and diced tomatoes with green chilies and stir to combine.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, followed by the beef mixture, black beans, corn, and remaining chips.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Looks so good gonna make it.