Marinated Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad. This dish is perfect for summer, as it’s light and healthy, but still full of flavor.
I first discovered this recipe a few months ago when I was looking for new ideas to add some variety to my lunch routine. I was drawn to this dish because of its simplicity – it only requires a handful of ingredients, and the prep time is minimal.
To start, I gather all of the ingredients I need: water, distilled white vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, black pepper, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions. I then whisk together the water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until everything is combined.
Next, I add the sliced cucumbers, cut tomatoes, and separated onion rings to the bowl and stir until everything is evenly coated. I like to make sure that each vegetable is well coated in the marinade so that every bite is packed with flavor.
Once everything is combined, I cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours. The longer you let the vegetables marinate, the more flavorful they become. I like to leave mine in the refrigerator overnight for the best results.
When I’m ready to serve the salad, I simply take it out of the refrigerator and give it a quick stir. The vegetables are now perfectly marinated and ready to eat. I love to serve this dish as a side with grilled chicken or fish, or simply enjoy it on its own as a light lunch.
What I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can add or subtract ingredients to your liking, or even switch up the type of vinegar or oil you use. The possibilities are endless!
Overall, this Marinated Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad is a must-try recipe for anyone looking for a quick and easy dish that’s packed with flavor. It’s perfect for summer, but can be enjoyed all year round. I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Marinated Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Salt amount to taste
- Black pepper freshly ground, amount to taste
- 3 cucumbers peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 tomatoes cut into wedge-shaped pieces
- 1 onion sliced and separated into rings
- Assemble all necessary ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine water, distilled white vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until the mixture is well blended.
- Add the sliced cucumbers, wedged tomatoes, and separated onion rings to the bowl. Stir until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
Looks real good I’m going too try it