Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms, the ultimate savory treat for mushroom lovers everywhere. If you’re looking to whip up something delicious, creamy, and super quick, then this dish should be at the top of your list. Ready in under 10 minutes, this creamy and flavorsome mushroom dish can transform any meal, making it an instant favorite. Once upon a time, mushrooms were not my go-to ingredient, but this recipe changed the game. Let me take you through the process of turning simple mushrooms into a plate of creamy magic.
Why Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms?
I was once hesitant about mushrooms, often relegating them to the ‘do not cook’ list. However, the game-changer was realizing the magic that unfolds when they’re sautéed in a creamy sauce. This discovery birthed this tantalizing recipe. Now, these mushrooms have me hooked. They’re versatile, fitting as a sumptuous side dish or even as a main for a light lunch. And the combination? Garlic, butter, heavy cream, parmesan, and cream cheese come together to craft the best mushroom dish you’ll ever have.
Ingredients to Create the Magic
Having the right ingredients is key to ensuring your Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms turn out perfect every time. While you can find the detailed measurements at the end, here’s a brief overview:
- Butter: I always go for unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Olive Oil: For sautéing the mushrooms.
- White Mushrooms: Keep them whole or slice them; your call!
- Garlic Cloves: Fresh garlic cloves or minced garlic will do.
- Creamy Goodness: We’ll need heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and cream cheese.
- Italian Seasoning: Store-bought or homemade, either works.
- Seasoning: Simple salt, pepper, and fresh parsley for garnishing.
Making the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
Trust me when I say, these mushrooms are a breeze to prepare. Here’s a quick guide:
- Sauteing the Mushrooms: Start with a mix of butter and olive oil in a skillet. Add in the mushrooms and garlic and sauté until they’re tender.
- The Creamy Sauce: Next, blend in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat this until you have a bubbling, smooth sauce.
- Serve: Finish off with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and serve right away!
Variations to Try
Looking to jazz up these mushrooms? Here are some ideas:
- Protein Boost: Elevate your dish by topping chicken, pork chops, or steak with these mushrooms.
- Pasta Delight: Fancy a creamy pasta? Mix these mushrooms with your favorite pasta type.
- Bread Pairing: A crusty bread, like a French Baguette or Crostini, pairs beautifully with these creamy mushrooms.
Storing and Reheating
Lucky enough to have leftovers? Here’s how you can store and reheat them:
- Refrigerator Storage: Once cooled, place them in an airtight container. They’ll last for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Warm them up in a saucepan on the stove over low heat until they’re heated through.
Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces white mushrooms whole or sliced to preference
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Golden Sauté: In a skillet of medium-high heat, combine butter and olive oil. As they merge, introduce the mushrooms and garlic. Continue until they’re soft and infused with flavor.
- Sauce Symphony: Pour in the heavy cream, sprinkle the parmesan, and dot with cream cheese. Season with the Italian blend, salt, and pepper. Mix until the sauce sings in a bubbly harmony.
- Presentation: Dish out these garlicky mushrooms in their creamy glory, and sprinkle with parsley as a crowning touch.