Are you a fan of the classic caramel apple pie but also can’t resist a warm, gooey cinnamon roll? Well, look no further. Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna is the dessert you’ve been waiting for. Imagine layers of fluffy cinnamon rolls married to chunks of tart apples and sweet, velvety caramel sauce. Perfect for fall or, honestly, any season, this treat can be the star of your dessert table or your morning breakfast spread. Trust me, your tastebuds are about to take a delicious journey.
What is Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna?
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna is a delightful blend of two popular favorites: caramel apple pie and cinnamon rolls. Think of it as an indulgent lasagna but made for dessert. Fluffy layers of cinnamon rolls serve as the base and topping, with juicy, spiced apple chunks filling the middle. And let’s not forget the generous drizzles of caramel sauce that tie everything together. Sound good? Wait till you try it.
How Easy Is It to Make?
The beauty of this dish is that it’s deceptively easy to prepare. If you’re someone who tends to avoid complex recipes, fear not. You don’t have to be a seasoned chef to master this one. Simply layer cinnamon rolls, prepare a quick apple filling, and finish it off with caramel sauce. That’s it! Your delicious Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna will be ready in no time.
Can I Use Different Types of Apples?
Absolutely, you can experiment with apple varieties to suit your preference. The recipe calls for Granny Smith or Golden Delicious, but if you have a personal favorite, go for it. Each apple variety brings its unique flavor and texture, which can make your lasagna more personalized and delectable. Just remember to keep the apple chunks around the same size for even cooking.
How Many Layers Should I Make?
The recipe suggests a double layer of cinnamon rolls and apple filling, separated by oozes of caramel sauce. This creates a balanced ratio between the soft cinnamon rolls and the chunky apple mixture. If you’re feeling extra indulgent, you could go for a third layer, but remember, the more layers you add, the longer the cooking time.
Any Tips for Perfect Caramel Drizzle?
The key to the perfect caramel sauce lies in your personal preference. The recipe calls for anywhere between 1/4 to 1/3 cup, but feel free to adjust according to how sweet or gooey you want your lasagna. If you’re a fan of salted caramel, that’s an option too. It adds a unique, salty twist that complements the sweetness of the apples and cinnamon rolls beautifully.
Can I Make This Ahead and Freeze It?
Absolutely, this dessert is as convenient as it is delicious. Feel free to prepare it in advance and freeze it. When you’re ready to serve, simply bake it for an additional 10-15 minutes. This makes Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna not only a delectable treat but also a time-saver for those hectic days.
Should I Ice It Before Serving?
The cherry on top, or in this case, the icing on the cinnamon roll, is totally up to you. The recipe suggests using the icing that comes with the canned cinnamon rolls, but if you have a favorite homemade icing recipe, go ahead and use that. A sugary drizzle right before serving can turn this dish from delicious to divine.
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna is the epitome of dessert comfort food. With its tantalizing layers and sumptuous flavors, it’s sure to become a regular in your dessert—or breakfast—rotation. Are you ready to dig in?
Cinnamon Roll and Caramel Apple Lasagna
- 4 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼-1/3 cup caramel sauce salted if preferred
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cans of cinnamon rolls
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat and Prepare the Baking Dish: Turn your oven up to 375°F (190°C). Coat an 8x8x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. I went for a 7x9x2-inch ceramic dish and it worked perfectly.
- Combine Apple Filling Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, meld together the diced apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg until the apple pieces are evenly coated.
- Prep the Cinnamon Roll Layers: Slice your cinnamon rolls into ¼-inch slices. Sprinkle flour on a clean work surface and roll out these slices until thin. They can be sticky, so feel free to dust your hands with flour to make the process easier. If need be, give the dough a press to achieve the desired thinness.
- Assemble the First Layer: Lay a layer of the flattened cinnamon roll slices on the bottom and sides of your prepped baking dish. Make sure to press down firmly to ensure the rolls adhere together well.
- Add Apple and Caramel Layer: Spoon half of the apple mixture over this cinnamon roll base. Embellish it with a generous drizzle of 2-3 tablespoons of caramel sauce.
- Add Second Layer of Cinnamon Rolls: Overlay the apple-caramel layer with another layer of flattened cinnamon rolls.
- Repeat Apple and Caramel Layer: Empty the remaining apple mixture onto this layer and top it off with another dash of caramel sauce.
- Finish with Cinnamon Rolls: Crown your dessert by laying down the final layer of flattened cinnamon rolls.
- Bake to Perfection: Cover the assembled lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Unveil it, then continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the top turns a delightful golden brown.
- Final Touch and Serving: Allow your Cinnamon Roll and Caramel Apple Lasagna to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes. Drizzle the supplied icing from the cinnamon roll package over the top, slice into delectable portions, and serve.