So Stuffed Bell Peppers are something that my parents made when I was a kid; it was pretty much the only way they could get all of my siblings and me to eat rice! It’s effortless to make, and the flavor is fantastic! Dan and I make it at least twice a month! I love it. I wouldn’t eat the peppers when I was a kid, but they are my favorite part now. Dan loves that the top gets all crispy when you bake it. He usually eats the top off of mine too! Anyway, Dan is making a meatloaf right now, and I want to watch!
Let us know what you think of our Stuffed Bell Peppers, and comment below with any questions/suggestions! Be sure and sign up for our Newsletter, where we will be posting and sending out recipes we will make and allowing you to give us suggestions for what we should make next! Enjoy!
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3 large bell peppers
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 16 oz can black beans
- 2-3 cups rice
- 4 oz jalapeno cream cheese
- 1 cup barbecue sauce my favorite is Sweet Baby Ray’s Hot and Spicy!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and membranes.
- Cook rice however you choose (I use the boil in the bag rice, it’s easiest for me!)
- Brown the turkey in some of the olive oil, with the garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, and Cajun
- Once these things are cooked, please place them in a mixing bowl and add the beans, barbecue sauce, and cream cheese
- Mix well!
- Place peppers on a cookie sheet covered in foil and put the rest of the oil on the sheet and the peppers
- Scoop about ⅙ of the turkey/rice/bean mixture into every pepper half
- Sprinkle cheese onto the top of the pepper/filling combination
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are to your liking.
- ENJOY THEM! We certainly do!
Which is the best gr pepper to use for stuffing – 3 or 4 bumps on bottum. I know one is better as it is sweeter, Thank you
Google said red bell pepper is the sweetest..An 4 bumps on the bottom of a bell pepper means the pepper is female ..and 3 bumps means it is male…..Thanks….Poppy.
best recipe ever