Alright holidays… it’s on.
This year I’ve decided that instead of getting lost in the crazy junk food holiday madness, I’m going to use the next month as a time to treat my body right. For me, that means regular yoga, lots of walking, drinking my green smoothies, and keeping healthy snacks on hand so I don’t default to sugary ones. And that’s where these cranberry muffins come in.
I am obsessed – I repeat, obsessed – with cranberries at the moment. I’ve been sneaking cranberries into spritzers, cranberry sauce, smoothies and now grain-free cranberry muffins. I hope you like cranberries because this probably won’t be the last you see of ’em here on the blog.
These muffins are made with coconut flour and are gluten-free, dairy-free and free of added sugars. Since apples are in season, I sweetened these naturally with (no sugar-added) applesauce. These are the perfect alternative to traditional baked goods because they’re free of refined sugars, high in fiber, and full of healthy fats. Whether you need some baked goods for brunch, a snack to boost your energy pre- or post-workout, or a healthy dessert option, the cranberry muffins will do the trick!
What are your favorite cranberry recipes at the moment?
- 5 organic free-range eggs
- 1 cup no sugar added applesauce
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup whole cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Add the applesauce, coconut oil, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and coconut flour the bowl with the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add the pecans and cranberries and mix until incorporated.
- Grease a muffin tin with a dab of coconut oil and fill each tin with the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 13 -15 minutes, or until lightly browned and set in the middle.