This Cheesy Broccoli Soup was always a favorite with my kids when they were growing up. It is quick and easy and tastes like you’ve been cooking for hours. You can imagine we had it whenever possible. Most of the time back then, I was all about quick and easy and still am! Why spend hours doing something that tastes just as good in less that 30 minutes, right? Trust me, this soup is delicious.
I also like to make it substituting a head of cauliflower for the the broccoli and making a Cheesy Cauliflower Soup. I can’t tell you which is my favorite. I guess whichever one I’m eating at the time!
It’s a perfect soup for a bread bowl and that’s how my granddaughter loves it. Bread bowls are an easy way to make a bowl of soup take on a whole new feel to the meal. You can get bread bowls at WalMart and most any gorcery store bakery. It’s the perfect meal for on a cold winter day.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- 1 large head broccoli cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- ½ lb. Velveeta Cheese
- Steam broccoli until tender, lightly drain and use potato masher to brake it up.
- Add soup and milk and cook until heated completely, stirring often.
- Cut up cheese into squares and add to soup and heat till cheese is totally melted in (about 5 min.)