Layer potatoes and meatballs with bechamel sauce. Is one of the most popular French treats enjoyed by everyone around the globe. It is a super easy dish to make, requires a little effort and time but is worth it. It is a perfect dish for a typical supper or even for an intimate family dinner for any occasion. Give this recipe a must-try for some cheesy and oh-so-yummy layer potatoes and meatballs with bechamel sauce. Once you try this recipe, it is going to be one of your favorites!
Layer Potatoes and Meatballs With Bechamel Sauce
For the Bechamel Sauce
- 2.5 oz of Butter
- A quarter cup of plain flour
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 tsp of salt or according to your liking
- Half a teaspoon of Nutmeg
For Potatoes & Meatballs
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 medium-sized Onion
- 500 g Beef Mince
- Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp of Paprika Powder
- 4.5 oz of Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
How to make the Bechamel Sauce?
- You will start by making a well-blended bechamel sauce that will be used later.
- First, you need to take a saucepan and keep it over medium to low heat and melt the butter.
- Add the flour and stir it with the butter.
- Keep mixing the flour and butter until it gets smooth and changes its color to light golden.
- You can take another pan for boiling the milk.
- As soon as your milk is boiled, start adding it gradually to the butter and mix it. You must stir constantly to make sure that the mixture is smooth.
- Now increase the flame and let the mixture absorb the milk. You can cook for around 10 minutes and then close the stove.
- For seasoning your sauce, add nutmeg or salt to give the perfect balancing taste.
How to make potatoes and meatballs:
- First, preheat the oven at 400 degrees before you put the potatoes and meatballs to cook.
- Now, take a large bowl, add meat, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper. You can even try some seasonings if you like them in your meatballs.
- Mix the ingredients to make a perfect mixture.
- Peel 3 potatoes and boil them for 5 to 7 minutes until they are semi-soft. Now, take a knife and slice them in rounds.
- Take a square or round dish and put the slices of boiled potatoes in it.
- You can add the potatoes on the side and the bottom.
- After that prepare your meatballs from the mixture. You can either take an ice cream scoop spoon for help or prepare them with your hands.
- Now, add those meatballs to the potatoes in the dish.
- To fill the gaps between the meatballs add potatoes on the sides of them.
- Now, add your delicious bechamel sauce on the meatballs and potatoes until the dish is half-full.
- Now, add a thin layer of cheese above the sauce.
- Finally, put the dish in the oven and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Your wonderful and tasty dish is ready and you will definitely fall in love with it.