A quick, easy ground beef recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights, this is a pasta dish that will be on your dinner table all week long! So creamy and so comforting! Beef and shells is a simple recipe but it can be quite difficult to make. Plus, if you don’t know what you are doing, you can accidentally overcook the pasta and get a sticky mess. To avoid that, here’s a step by step instruction guide to making beef and shells.
How to store beef and shells?
It is not recommended to prepare it in advance. They taste so delicious when they are served instantly. You can store the leftover in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator for three to four days. This dish will not be frozen at all and can break when de-freeze.
How to re-heat?
Take a saucepan and put Beef and Shells. On heating, pasta and sauce will dry and hence it is recommended to add cream and some butter. Now warm the recipe over low flame unless you get the preferred temperature. Keep stirring to make the sauce appear more smooth.
Enjoy this recipe at weekends or either enjoy it as a thanksgiving meal. Comment us if you liked the recipe and found it delicious.
- Medium-sized pasta shells – 8 ounces
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Found beef – 1 pound
- Sweet onion medium-sized cut into cube shape – ½
- Garlic minced – 2 cloves
- Italian Seasoning – 1 ½ tsp
- All-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Beef stock – 2 cups
- Tomato sauce – 15-ounce package
- Heavy cream – ¾ cup
- Kosher salt for taste
- Black pepper for taste
- Extra Sharp cheddar cheese – 1 ½ cups 6 ounces
- The preparation time is 15 minutes and the cooking time is 25 min; while the total time is 40 minutes.
- Take a large pan, boil water and then cook pasta. You should package instructions to cook pasta. Drain pasta after it is cooked well.
- Take a large pan and put it on medium flame. Add olive oil and heat it.
- Add beef to the olive oil and saute until it gets brown. It will take three to five minutes to cook ground beef. Don’t forget to crumble the ground beef as cooking is done and then drain extra fat. Keep it aside now.
- In the same olive oil, add onion, and cook. Keep stirring until they turn soft and it will take two to three minutes. Now, add garlic and Italian seasoning. It will add fragrance to the recipe. Stir it for 1 minute.
- Now add flour and let it turn light brown. It may take 1 minute.
- Add beef stock and keep stirring while adding tomato sauce. Boil the mixture and then lower the flame. Let it simmer and stir when needed. The mixture will thicken and, this will take six to eight minutes.
- Add pasta to the cooked mixture. Also, add cooked beef and heavy cream. Heat it for one to two minutes. Add seasonings including salt, and pepper. Add cheese and let it a melt down. Melting cheese may take up to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot to have good taste.