Tacos are a yummy and tasty snack to have. However, when it comes to preparing tacos you need to be careful of what you are eating. That is because some tacos are filled with additives and preservatives that are not good for your body. This blog will look at delicious baked chicken tacos and some of the health benefits of making them.
Baked chicken tacos are a recipe for juicy and tasty meals. If you are looking for some new food to try, this might be the recipe for you.
Some useful tips
- Always bake taco shells on their own before stuffing to maximize the crispness. In this way, they will not break or become soggy.
- Drain green chilies and tomatoes and let them sit in a strainer for about 5 minutes. Make sure they drain all the way and no moist is left.
- If you don’t want spicy tacos, you can omit green chilies and add Old El Paso Taco Seasoning. They are also very delicious.
For which occasions these Baked Chicken Tacos are suitable?
You can serve this recipe for lunch or dinner. You can serve them with a refreshing salad or a bowl of soup. For example, you can prepare a baked chicken taco salad or a baked chicken taco soup. You can serve baked chicken tacos for dinner with some rice, potatoes, or pasta. You can also prepare some side dishes and desserts and serve them for New Year’s Eve, Summer BBQs, the Super Bowl, Cinco de Mayo, or Taco Night.
Let’s Sum Up
These tacos are delicious and easy to make! The best part is that they can be enjoyed immediately or frozen and reheated later! If you’ve been looking for a healthy, low-carb lunch option, this recipe is for you. Make today and enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken must be shredded
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1- ounce Taco Seasoning
- 14.5 ounces/1 can diced tomato must be fully drained
- 10 Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- 4.5 ounce/1 can Chop Green Chiles must be fully drained
- 8 ounces 1/2 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Toppings or your favorite taco toppings
- Take a 9×13 baking and spray it with nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 400F and move towards the next step.
- Now take a medium skillet and heat olive oil in it over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and green chilies. Mix them well. Reduce the heat to simmer and let it cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Then place the taco shells in the baking dish and bake for 5 minutes or until crisp up on each side.
- Remove the tacos from the oven and put 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco.
- Top with the prepared chicken mixture and shredded cheese. Now bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Now remove the taco shells from the oven and top with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, jalapenos, cilantro, salsa, etc.