Craving a bacon cheeseburger? This low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole recipe is the next best thing. Cheeseburgers are available everywhere in the world, but the problem is that they are loaded with carbs from the bun and mayonnaise. With this low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole recipe, you can enjoy your cheeseburger fix and satisfy your cravings.It’s remarkably easy to make and tastes better than you’d ever imagine.
This low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is seriously one of the best low-carb recipes I have ever tried. You can whip up this cheesy, bacon-stuffed masterpiece in less than 50 minutes. All you need to do is layer the ingredients in a casserole dish, put it in the oven, and leave it to cook!
Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lb ground beef
- 8 eggs at room temperature
- 1 pound cooked bacon
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Take a large pan or skillet and heat it over medium flame. Add beef, onion powder, and garlic in it and cook for 5-7 minutes until beef is browned.
- Remove the skillet and drain extra grease.
- Now take a 9×13 inches casserole pan and spread the ground beef onto the bottom. Make small pieces of bacon and stir in bacon pieces to the pan.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk heavy cream, eggs, pepper, and salt. Now add 8 oz cheddar cheese.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture over the bacon and beef and top with the remaining half (4 oz) cheddar cheese.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole is brown on top.
Nutrition value (per serving)
- Calories: 595
- Protein 38.1g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fats: 47.5g
Tips & Tricks
- We have used bacon and ground beef, which is easily available in the market. But if you don’t have ground beef available, you can use ground turkey as a substitute.
- You can also use pepper jack cheese in your casserole for an extra spicy kick and richer flavor.
- Serve it with potato salad, cauliflower rice, garlic bread, or mashed potatoes. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to share them in the comment box below.
- You can easily half the ingredients for less or double it for more people. But try to bake in batches.
- You can omit the bacon and add vegetables, such as jalapeno and diced tomatoes if you want.
How to store Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole?
The best way to store this dish is to place the Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole in an airtight container and then place it in the fridge. If you are planning to freeze it, it is important that you use freezer bags, to ensure that the food tastes great when it is reheated. You can freeze this dish so that you can have it on hand whenever you need it, without having to worry about the dish going bad.
Let’s Sum Up
We hope you enjoyed our low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole recipe and are excited to try it for yourself. If you liked this recipe, please let us know in the comments below! If you are looking for more recipes like this, please visit our blog. We have a lot of interesting recipes for you.