You might have not tried but heard a lot about the recipe for the Coca-Cola cake. You indeed make it with real Coca-Cola and it has a very sweet taste that you will not forget. You will be surprised by the frosting more than the cake as the Coca-Cola frosting has a unique and delicious taste that you will eat without even the cake. A lot of restaurants also sell this dessert. But why go to restaurants when you can make one at home in no time.
It is a yummy cake and you will love it for birthdays and special events. But for me, I don’t need an event to make this cake. The deliciousness is enough to remember and I start baking it whenever I want to eat. The fudgy taste and texture are one of the reasons why it is so famous around the world. You can add any toppings you like on top sprinkles, pecans, chocolate chips, and chocolate sauce all over it. I love it with vanilla ice cream as it gives a cool and yummy taste.
What is the history of coke cake?
Even though this cake is so famous a lot of people have not tried it still. It takes us back to the 1950s when this recipe appeared in a cookbook. But most people started to make it in the 1990s.
For the cake:
- Flour 2 cups
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 2 cups
- Coca-Cola 1 cup
- Butter 1 cup
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Salt half teaspoon
- Cocoa powder half cup
- Buttermilk half cup
For the frosting:
- Butter half cup
- Cocoa powder half cup
- Coca-Cola half cup
- Powdered sugar 3 and a half cup
- Pecans chopped It is optional and you can use any other nuts for garnishing
- To make the cake preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking pan and start preparing the other ingredients.
- In a bowl add flour, salt, baking soda and mix it well. Now take a saucepan and heat on medium flame butter, Coca-Cola, cocoa, and buttermilk until they boil.
- Pour it on the flour mixture and add while stirring vanilla essence and eggs.
- Add the batter into the pan and bake it for 30 minutes. To check whether the cake is done or not use a toothpick and put it in the middle of the cake. If it is dry, the cake is done but if it is sticky or wet then heat more.
- While you are baking the cake take a saucepan and add all the ingredients except for sugar and pecans. Bring it to a boil and then add the powdered sugar. Whisk it well and add it to the baked cake-like frosting. Garnish it with pecans or anything you like.
- Serve it with ice-cream