Mexican Street Corn is one of my all-time favorite dishes! It’s a simple, yet incredibly flavorful dish that never fails to satisfy my cravings. And today, I’m going to share with you my personal experience with this amazing dish.
I first tried Mexican Street Corn during a trip to Mexico. I was walking through the busy streets of Mexico City, taking in all the sights and sounds, when I stumbled upon a street vendor grilling up some corn. The aroma was irresistible, so I decided to give it a try.
As soon as I took my first bite, I was blown away by the bold flavors. The sweetness of the corn was perfectly balanced by the tangy, creamy sauce and the spicy kick from the chili powder. I was hooked from that moment on!
Since then, I’ve been on a mission to recreate that perfect Mexican Street Corn flavor. And after many trials and errors, I’ve finally found the perfect combination of ingredients.
The key to making this dish is to use fresh, sweet corn. The sweetness of the corn is what makes this dish so special. I also make sure to use a good quality oil to grill the corn, which helps to bring out the natural flavors of the corn.
Once the corn is grilled to perfection, I slather it with a mixture of mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic salt, and black pepper. This sauce is what takes this dish to the next level. The mayonnaise adds creaminess, while the chili powder and garlic salt add a bold, spicy flavor.
One of the things I love about Mexican Street Corn is how versatile it is. You can serve it as a side dish with just about anything, or enjoy it as a snack on its own. And the best part is, it’s so easy to make!
Whenever I make this dish, I always get compliments from my friends and family. They love how simple it is, yet so full of flavor. And every time I take a bite, I’m transported back to that busy street in Mexico City, where I first fell in love with this amazing dish.
In conclusion, Mexican Street Corn is a dish that I highly recommend to anyone who loves bold, flavorful food. It’s easy to make, versatile, and always a crowd-pleaser. So go ahead, give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Mexican Street Corn Recipe
- 4 ears of corn stripped of their husks
- 2 tablespoons of oil specifically for corn
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 wedges of lime
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Coat the corn with oil and place it on the grill pan. Turn the corn frequently to achieve charring on all sides, which should take about 6 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the seasoning by mixing together mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Once the corn is done grilling, brush it with the seasoned mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve the corn with lime wedges for squeezing over it.