Patti LaBelle is an iconic singer and also an amazing home cook. Her recipes are divine and I always wanted to try her macaroni and cheese pasta. When I first made it, I was amazed by the deliciousness of this cheesy treat. The cheese options I think made this recipe 10x better than the recipes I have been making at home. Everything was on point and even the kids will agree to it.
What are the other cheese options for Patti Labelle’s macaroni and cheese?
I have seen people recommending a lot of cheese options. But I never stick to just the ingredients I am using. If you have any other cheese than the ones I have mentioned in the recipe, you can use it. There is no wrong cheese in the world and I think all cheese lovers can agree that.
Notes for Patti Labelle’s macaroni and cheese:
It is better to shred your cheese but if you like you can even use the pre-shredded ones from the store. The fresh ones are better when it comes to melting.
If you like the other pasta more than macaroni, then you can use them as a substitute.
The reason why I cooked pasta for 7 to 8 minutes is that it should be undercooked. Because you will be cooking further in the oven.
If the pasta is overcooked, then just add some butter to it. It will keep the moisture away from the pasta and it will look better.
Ideas for serving:
The best thing about this recipe is that you can serve it as a side and as a whole meal. You can add some delicious sides with this recipe like a refreshing salad. You can easily enjoy some roasted veggies with this cheesy treat. If the idea is to serve meat with this recipe, then you can go for oven-baked chicken, pork, beef, and turkey. No matter what you serve, it will taste amazing.
Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
- Half and half 2 cups
- Velveeta cheese diced or cubed 1 cup
- Eggs 2 Beat them in a separate bowl and keep it aside
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Monterey Jack cheese half cup shredded
- Sharp cheddar cheese half cup shredded
- Mild cheddar cheese half cup shredded
- Muenster cheese half cup shredded
- Butter half cup
- Macaroni 1 pack
- Vegetable or olive oil 1 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and start preparing your ingredients.
- Grease your baking dish properly and keep it aside.
- In a large pot of water, add some salt and 1 tbsp vegetable oil. When it starts to boil, add the macaroni to it. Give it 7 to 8 minutes, and then drain the macaroni and run it under cold water.
- Add the macaroni to the greased baking dish.
- Heat the butter in the microwave oven. Keep 1 to 2 tbsp aside and then add the remaining butter to the macaroni and mix it well.
- In a large bowl mix all the cheese, salt, and pepper. Keep aside a half cup of cheese aside and add the remaining in the macaroni. Mix it well and at this step, you can even add some other seasoning you like.
- Top it with the remaining cheese and the remaining butter. Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes until the cheese is completely golden from the top.
- The delicious and cheesy Patti LaBelle’s macaroni recipe is ready to serve.