Who doesn’t like to enjoy toasted corn on the cob? I am always up for it, so I try different recipes that make my meals more delicious. Recently, I came across the Cajun corn on the cob recipe, and I had to try it. The best part about the recipe is that you can boil, bake, and grill the corn and serve it with mouthwatering sauce. Let’s not forget that we also have to sprinkle a lot of cheese to get the best Mexican taste.
You can make it in the comfort of your home, and it hardly takes your time in the kitchen. No matter what season you have, Cajun corn on the cob can be served as a complete meal and a delicious side for your dinner. This easy-baked recipe has a hint of Mexican-style street food corn that makes it outstanding and filled with flavors.
Tips to remember for Cajun corn on the cob
Add them to a large pot filled with water to boil your corn properly. Sprinkle some salt and make sure that there is enough water to cover your corn. It can take 15 minutes to boil if you cook on medium heat. Always check whether they are done and then move on to the next steps of the procedure.
You can rub some butter on the boiled or charred corn to get the best flavors. It also gives the perfect aroma to make you love this recipe.
If you want to bake the corn, then rub some vegetable oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake these for 30 minutes at 425 F. A lot of people like their corn to be extra soft, so you can let it bake for 45-50 minutes then.
You can also grill corn in 15-20 minutes to enjoy that charred taste. Just soak the corn for half an hour in water and then put it on your grill.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is high in calories because we will add a lot of creamy toppings, seasonings, and cheese. You can customize the recipe according to your liking and reduce the calories. You can go for low-calorie mayo and cheese options. Instead of brushing butter, you can use olive oil as a substitute.
Cajun Corn on The Cob Recipe
- 5 ears of corn husked
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise 5 tbsp
- Smoked paprika 2 tsp
- Cajun seasoning 2 tsp
- Sour cream half cup
- Lime juice 2 tbsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp It is entirely optional
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Cilantro chopped 2 tbsp
- Feta cheese 1 cup crumbled
- Start by mixing the oil and spices in a small bowl. Keep half of the paprika and Cajun for further use.
- Place foil paper on the baking tray and brush the corn with the prepared mixture.
- Wrap it in the foil and bake for 30-40 minutes in the oven at 425 F. You can also keep the mixture for further use.
- Now, combine the mayo, sour cream, Cajun, Paprika, lime juice, and sprinkles of salt and pepper.
- Take the corn out and lightly brush again the mixture we prepared in the first step. On top of that, spread the mayo mixture, and transfer it to the grill pan to get a charred taste.
- Top with Cilantro and Feta cheese to have a burst of flavor in your mouth.