I have been on a mission to find the perfect slow cooker recipe, and this one has quickly become one of my favorites.
The first thing I love about this dish is how easy it is to prepare. I simply combined some pantry staples like brown sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup to make the sweet and tangy sauce. Then, I layered the ribs in the slow cooker, poured the sauce over them, and let the magic happen. It was so convenient to be able to just set it and forget it, especially since I was able to work on other things while the ribs were cooking.
When the ribs were finally ready, the aroma that filled my kitchen was simply irresistible. The meat was so tender and juicy, it just fell off the bone with each bite. The sweet and sour sauce was the perfect balance of flavors, and it really brought the dish to life.
I served the ribs with some steamed rice and roasted vegetables, and the combination was just perfect. The ribs were a hit with my family and everyone kept going back for seconds. It was such a satisfying meal and it brought us all together for a delicious dinner.
One of the things I love about cooking with a slow cooker is how it brings out the natural flavors of the ingredients. The slow cooking process allows the flavors to meld together and create something truly amazing. It’s like a culinary journey, and it always makes me feel like a master chef.
I also love how versatile this recipe is. You can easily customize it to your liking by adjusting the ingredients or cooking time. For example, you can add more vinegar for a tangier taste or more brown sugar for a sweeter sauce. The possibilities are endless!
Overall, I highly recommend giving this Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Ribs recipe a try. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, it’s a great dish to add to your repertoire. The slow cooker does all the work, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy a delicious meal with your loved ones. Happy cooking!
Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- Mix together the flour and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Add in the water, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring continuously, until it comes to a boil and thickens.
- Place the pork spareribs in a slow cooker, covering each layer with the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the ribs on either low heat for 10-12 hours or high heat for 5-6 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Serve and enjoy your mouth-watering meal!