Bon, avant tout, je dois vous avouer que je n’ai jamais goûté au poulet du KFC Mais, d’après les commentaires laissés sur la recette originale, c’est exactement pareil et même mieux encore!
Even if I haven’t tasted KFC chicken for comparison, I can tell you that this chicken is to die for! Thanks to the marinade, the chicken is ultra tender on the inside, and thanks to the cornflakes, it is extra crispy on the outside. What’s more, nothing beats homemade, at least we know what’s inside!
Note: It is important to use unsweetened (i.e. not sugar glazed) Corn Flakes. There are even some in Algeria, I remember having bought some a few times. So, no excuses for not making this slaughter.
For marinated chicken:
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- Pepper flakes (optional)
- A dash of lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 eggs
- Approx. 300 g unsweetened corn flakes
- Frying oil
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces of various sizes.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, spices, garlic and lemon and add the chicken.
- Mix everything well, film and marinate in a cool place for at least 4 hours (one night is perfect!).
- In a bowl or shallow plate, beat the eggs.
- In another bowl or shallow plate, mix the flour and spices.
- In a third bowl or shallow plate, coarsely crush the flake horns.
- In a large frying pan or saucepan, heat about 3 cm of oil.
- Piece by piece, take the chicken out of the marinade and drain slightly.
- Roll it in the breadcrumbs, then the beaten eggs and then the flake horns.
- Plunge it into the hot oil, medium/low heat, to let it cook without burning it (about 5 minutes more or less depending on the size of the pieces), then place on absorbent paper.
- Enjoy hot with a good salad, fries, burgers, … etc…