If you have an event coming up, or you are looking for some great pumpkin recipes, this is the recipe for you. It is healthy, but it is decadent at the same time.
We are right in the middle of fall, which is the perfect time to start making pumpkin recipes. These pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting are the best solution to celebrate your fall season. They are so moist and decadent, you will be making them year after year.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
For Pumpkin Bar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For Pumpkin Bar
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a large bowl and beat sugar, egg, pumpkin, and oil in it.
- Take another bowl and whisk the baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, flour, and salt in it.
- Now mix dry and wet ingredients and stir well. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on the heat of your oven.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle; when it comes out clean, your pumpkin bars are ready. Let cool completely.
- Take a separate bowl and beat the butter and cream cheese in it until smooth.
- Also, beat in vanilla, powdered sugar, and salt. Do not over-beat.
- After that pour the cream cheese on top of completely cooled bars.
- Cut the bars and serve!
- Calories: 241kcal
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
How to customize this recipe?
Here are a few tips for you customize your pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting recipe:
- Feel free to add semisweet chocolate chips into the batter. You can also sprinkle them on top of the cream cheese frosting.
- You can also add nuts like walnuts or pecans into the batter or sprinkle them on the top if you like.
- If you want to lighten up the bars, feel free to use half cup applesauce and half cup oil (instead of 1 cup oil).
How to cut the pumpkin bars?
You can cut the bar into any size, depending on the number of people you are serving. It is suggested to slice them into bite-size bars because they will be perfect for any upcoming holiday function or Nighttime snacking. Just sayin’.
Let’s Sum Up
Fall is the season of pumpkin and pumpkin products. From pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin pie there are lots of ways to enjoy pumpkins. The next time you are craving something pumpkin try this recipe for pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. They are just as easy to make as pumpkin pie, but easier to share with a large group of people.
If you tried the recipe, share your experience in the comment box below. Also, don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends and family.
Wonderful, what a web site it is! This website gives useful facts to us, keep it up.
The pumpkin bar recipe with cream cheese icing shows a can of pineapple with juice. When I hit the link and open it up to get the complete recipe, there’s no pineapple listed. Please clear this up for me because I want to make the recipe. Thank you.