Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake is a simple yet tasteful dish you can make any time of the day. It is not just tasteful but is very convenient as well. You can customize it according to your liking and add more ingredients. Plus, it is a one-pan dish. So, you don’t have to invest in several pots and pans. On a busy and tiring day, this dish can be your savior.
The best thing about this dish is that it is very healthy. Since all the ingredients are bakes, you don’t need a lot of oil or fats. Thus, it is a good recipe for those who like to have a healthy meal.
Tips for making the Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
Although making Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake is super easy and convenient, you can still make it even tasteful using a few ideas:
- I have used smoked Italian sausages for this recipe, but you can use any other sausage you like. Whether it is pork sausage or turkey, you can use it as well.
- You can use green bell peppers or yellow bell peppers for this recipe as well.
- To spice up this recipe, you can add red chili flakes and paprika powder as well.
- For more flavor and nutrients, add mushrooms, zucchini, or butternut squash and make this recipe more flavorsome.
- You can use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes as well.
How to serve leftover this dish?
Here are a few ways to serve this simple dish:
- Sandwich: Make a sandwich out of this dish. You can place the leftover in-between slices of bread or a long hotdog bun. Top it with Mustard and ketchup and enjoy.
- Breakfast: Reheat this dish in a pan, and crack an egg on top. Let the egg cook. This way, you can utilize this dish and turn it into a wholesome breakfast.
Noodles: Serve the leftover dish with noodles. It is a great way to enjoy vegetables and sausages.
Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake
- 6 Italian smoked Sausages sliced
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Slice the sausages in equal size.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes, and dice them in equal size.
- Similarly, deseed the bell pepper and dice it in equal size.
- In a baking pan, add sausages, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- Drizzle melted butter and olive oil on top.
- Season the ingredients with cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Toss so that everything is mixed well.
- Place the baking pan in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Once done, mix everything and serve hot.